XVII

Treyshawn G. Forehand//

1 week later; August 6th

I looked in the mirror that my nigga Dorian had slid to me and saw that everything looked perfect. I tried to FaceTime Robyn to show her the new and improved me, but she wasn't picking up. She must be in a meeting or something she work at some fashion design company.

"How I do boy?"

"You don't come to play that's on moms."

"You got this good ass hair boy you basically got insta-waves."

"Insta-waves D?" I asked while laughing.

"Yeah, Instant waves."

"Always coming up with new words, how much I owe you man?"

"Twenty-two." I handed him a fifty and he shook his head while laughing.

"Can't wait till I got this type of money."

"Keep doing what you do best and you'll have it in no time."

"I hope so."

"Before I go though you tryna tie up my durag for me?"

"Yeah I got you G." He took the durag from me and tied it around my head then I dapped him up and left out through the salon.

"Ladies." I flashed a smile and waved before taking a minute to hug Ms.London.

"You cut off your hair pookie? I loved the curls."

"It was time for something fresh Ms.London."

"I know baby, I'm gone miss having you in here sometimes."

"I'll still stop by to talk to you whenever I come in here."

"Mhm You better child, and please tell my boss when you see her that she need to bring her ass up in here sometime."

"Yes ma'am, I'll let her know, but just for further reference you can always reach Aletha by a phone call."

"Don't you think I done tried that, ain't nobody busier than her."

"I mean she is still raising 3 kids and even her older ones still."

"Yeah I know, but she could always stop by sometimes. I hope she ain't forgot about us na."

"I doubt it Ms.London but let me get out of here."

"Of course, gone head now. And tell that pretty wife of yours that's I said hey."

"Yes ma'am."

"Bye baby." I left out of the shop and accidentally bumped into this brown skinned female and kind of stared in awe as she walked into the building looking over her shoulder at me. She was beautiful but I snapped out of it real quick when the thought of Robyn came to my mind, she was probably hungry right about now.