XXXIX

Adalina R. Vasquez//

1 week later, 2:15 pm

I was walking around Maé's house in a onesie playing candy crush on my phone and doing lunges because my doctor said exercise is good for the baby. Papa Lucas was on the phone and Maé was trying to sneak and record me, whole time I ain't care.

"Adalina you look just like your mom when she was pregnant with you, the difference between you and her though is that you ain't hiding it. Just big as hell."

"You telling me, I could just bust right about now."

"Girl I bet you could as huh as you are, they sure it ain't twins," she asked while looking at me from the side.

"Lord I would hope the absolute fuck not," Maé giggled before pouring herself a glass of wine and fixing herself a bowl of fruit and cheese. "Can you fix me a bowl pretty please," I asked and Maé's laptop, watch, and both her phones started ringing and papa Lucas cut his eyes at her and started walking away.

"Bitch—"

"Corvette corvette," I sung the little song from tick tock and Maé laughed before answering the FaceTime on her laptop while fixing our bowls.

"Wassup baby," she asked and Ashton's deep ass voice boomed through the laptop.

"Can you come—"

"Hi babyyyy," I yelled while moving as fast as I could to get to the camera.

"Ooo bad bitch momiana," he hyped as I hopped into the camera.

"I look as bad as I feel," I asked and he frowned a little.

"If we talking about in a good way then yeah, you just big as hell sis, like you damn near Savanna size and she more pregnant than you."

"I think she having twins, here baby," Maé told him while giving me my bowl of fruit and I sat in my seat and used my belly as a table.

"I think so too, she so big."

"Can y'all stop saying that? I can't imagine having two babies lord at least not with the way the father of my child been acting," I mumbled the last part and Maé giggled.

"Has he tried to call today?"

"Ion know, I muted his contact."

"Lord, girl, imma stay out y'all business."

"Preciate that, now wassup why you calling us," I asked Ashton and he raised an eyebrow.

"First of all I haven't even called you yet nor did I know yo ass was over there. I was wondering if y'all could meet me at moms house I got a surprise for everybody."

"Like now," Maé asked.

"Like in two hours."

"Yeah we can do that, what's the surprise baby," at this point Ashton had muted himself and was turned to the side talking to somebody so me and Maé asses just staring at the screen trying to read his lips.