XXII

Ashton C. Vasquez//

Monday, September 7th; 1:00 A

Monday, September 7th; 1:00 A.M.

I woke up in the middle of the night not feeling Haven's body warmth and got a little concerned. I checked my phone and ended up dropping it because the brightness was up way too high. Once I adjusted it though and saw that I had nothing but emails. I climbed out of the bed and went into the bathroom and saw Haven having a breakdown.

I think her telling me she can't have kids has been the hardest thing she's done in our relationship

I think her telling me she can't have kids has been the hardest thing she's done in our relationship. It's like reliving the moment all over again of finding out for her.

These past few weeks have been hard as fuck on me and her and it's all my fault. Had I not brought up the idea of starting a family to her she would've never had to mention that she couldn't have kids and  we wouldn't be in this predicament.

"Haven baby." I called out and she jumped out of her skin.

"Go back to bed Ashton please." She quickly started wiping her face while her voice cracked and it literally broke me.

"I'm not leaving you."

"Please."

"What type of man would I be if I let you deal with this on your own?"

"The man that's listening to his girlfriend and leaving her alone when she wants to be left alone."

"Nah I ain't doing that. Even if you don't want to talk to me I'm gone sit right here and wait." I told her while sitting on the toilet.

"Wait for what?" She said while sniffling.

"Wait for you to tell me how you feeling, wait for you to tell me what's been on your mind, all of it." She sat on the bathroom floor with her head in between her knees crying while I sat there and watched her. This went on for about fifteen minutes before I couldn't watch anymore; I couldn't watch my baby sit here hurt.

I got on the floor with her and pulled her tight into my arms while she cried. She was soaking my shoulder in tears but I didn't mind it.

"Ashton I wanna break up."