29. Little Fella

Keith is punching the punching bag he has in his garage. Vanessa finally came home with Jenifer.

Vanessa picked up Jade from the couch and took her to bed. Jenifer washed her hands and got the food ready.

"She didn't even get to eat." Vanessa sighed as she walked into the kitchen.

"Poor baby... is she still upset?" Jenifer asked.

"Yeah... she understood everything from that court room, probably cried herself to sleep." Vanessa grabbed a plate.

"What is that noise?" Jenifer turned around looking at the garage door.

"It's Keith... he's punching that bag thingy." Vanessa made her food and placed it on the table.

Jenifer sighed. "I know he's so disappointed."

"She's done it to him twice... why have someone believe such a thing?" Vanessa walked in the kitchen again and made Keith's plate.

"Money!" Jenifer snapped. "This is why I'm never comfortable with any of his girlfriends unless she has her own money."

Vanessa looked at Jenifer. "Was that shade towards me?"

"No no." Jenifer rubbed her arm. "What I'm saying is Kourtny got everything from Keith, clothes, shoes, the jewelry, the cash itself & cars. He'd take care of her mother if she had asked." Jenifer shook her head. "She gave him nothing in return but sex and a broken heart."

Vanessa continued to fix Keith's plate of food.

"I just hope you know that I'm nothing like her.. or anyone else that he's dated. I love him."

Jenifer looked at Keith, "you think you do."

Vanessa nodded. "I do. I'd die for him."

"Would you?" Jenifer asked.

"Yes .. I would." Vanessa wiped her hands on a paper towel. "I just think my insecurities get in the way of our relationship."

"Insecurities? What insecurities do you have?" Jenifer folded her arms.

"I think he'll leave me. Im a regular person, I can't offer as much to the table besides Love & my Loyalty. Keith is famous right? He can have anyone he wants... I have a kid and he possibly doesnt, how do I know that seeing Jade will be a reminder that Payton isn't here? I don't want him to lose interest in me."

"That's something you need to talk to him about, only he can give you the reassurance you need." Jenifer shrugged. "You seem worth it."

Vanessa smiled, "thank you, I just hope he thinks that.. Sometimes I feel like a downgrade from his last relationship."

Jenifer looked at Vanessa. "Sounds like you're having problems with your self esteem too."

"I always have." She laughed a bit. "Keith helped me start my singing career & it's helping a bit."

Jenifer raised an eyebrow, "he what?"

"Oh no! I already swore to pay him back every cent he spends on me, Im not here to use your son Mrs.Powers."

"Then go be there for him, he needs you the most right now." Jenifer turned Vanessa around facing the garage door.

Vanessa grabbed a water bottle for Keith and took him the plate of food.

Jenifer grabbed her food and left out the front door, she left and drove home.

"Hey."

Keith looked over at Vanessa and continued to punch the bag.