4. Just Talk.

Ryan walked up the porch steps and knocked on the door.

Lauren opened the door. "Hey!"

"Heyyy." Ryan smiled.

"What a surprise! Come in." Lauren opened the door more to let Ryan inside.

"Mmm it smells good." Ryan took off her jean jacket.

"Just made some chicken alfredo .. something fast." She laughed a bit and pointed to the couch, offering Ryan a seat.. "What brings you here?"

"I came to offer you a job." Ryan smiled showing her teeth.

"A job? What kind of job?" Lauren raised an eyebrow.

"The kind that makes you wealthy." Ryan laughed a bit. "I just got a call yesterday that Im going on tour this upcoming fall."

"Oh wow.. Congratulations Ryan! Thats huge!" Lauren hugged Ryan.

"Thank you but I want you to come on tour with me and be my artist, like my makeup, my hair & pick out my clothes."

Lauren stared at Ryan. "Are you joking with me? Where are the cameras?"

"No. I'm serious." Ryan laughed.

"Heart attack serious?? That's like.... alot. People will see my work for months." Lauren held her face.

Ryan nodded. "Yes Yes."

"Oh my God! Yes! I'll do it! When do we leave??" Lauren stood up.

"Next month.. Calm down." Ryan laughed. "Don't have a heart attack Lauren."

"Im trying not... oh my—" she sat down on the couch. "Thank you for this opportunity, I won't let you down. I swear on my life."

"I know.. you're the only one I trust." Ryan smiled. "Thank you for accepting my offer."

"You mind if I ask how much I'm getting paid?"

"I'll give you my manager number to discuss the amount." Ryan unlocked her phone.

Lauren started shaking her leg. "My hands are shaking and I just wanna dance around the room right now."

Ryan sent Walter's number to Lauren and stood up. "I have an appointment with my manager in a few so I have to go but I need a hug."

"Oh." Lauren stood up and hugged Ryan. "Thank you, Thank you & thank you."

"You still have to sign the contract." Ryan chuckled. "I leave tomorrow so my manager will be in contact with you when it's time to sign it, I won't be there but I'll probably be on the video chat."

"That's alright with me." Lauren nodded. "Take care and be safe."

"You too." Ryan flashed a smile and walked out of the house.

Ryan got in the car and drove to Walter's house. Ryan saw Luke's car outside of his house.

"Oh lord." Ryan mumbled to herself.

Ryan rung the door bell and Monica answered the door.

"Hey." Ryan hugged Monica.

"Hiiii."

"Is Walter here?"

"Yup they're outside."

"Luke too?" Ryan asked.

Monica nodded. "Mhm."

"Okay." Ryan walked through the house and made it outside. Luke & Walter were shooting hoops. She sat in the chair near Jessie that's in the shade. "Hey Jessie."