Painful Loving Care

Philippines was lying on her bed shivering under a pile of comforters. Todays typhoon was doing a number on her with the winds, rain, and flooding, not to mention cold!

Beside her Martial Law was doing no better. As twins they shared the same pain and whatever their feeling right now is horrible especially Philia. They both felt cold and their heads' were spinning.

"S-st-stop hogging the b-blankets!", Martial shivered as he tried to burrow closer to his sister for warmth.

"N-not...still too cold...", Philia shuddered as she tried to curl up in a ball.

The bedroom door opened and Del Pilar walked in, followed by Indonesia and Malaysia, each carrying towels, medicine and a basket of medical supplies.

"Feeling any better today?", Del asked as he stuck a thermometer in their armpits.

"Cold." The twins moaned.

Indone frowned as he read the readings.

"Philia is running a fever.", Indone said as Philia took some Tylenol from him.

"Not surprising, with the fire going her country.", Mallie replied as she took a towel dabbed at the sweat on Martial's forehead. "Their sinuses must still be suffering from the flooding."

Del and Indone shared a look, and then said in unison: "Garlic."

"No! No garlic." The twins moaned.

"Let's at least get them some hot steam to clear up their sinuses before we tried that!", Mallie said in a hasty voice.

"Yes! Listen to her!", Philia moaned.

Mallie stepped out and prepared a large bowl of hot water and added some salt for extra effect. She returned in time to see that in her absence the twins were forced to eat a clove of raw garlic and were crying in a huddled mass.

"I thought we were trying to make them better. Not torture them!", Mallies said as she approached the bed.

As soon as she set the tray down the twins breathed in the steam, the taste of garlic on their tongues the only reminder of their torture.

"Indo?"

"Yes Phil?"

"C-can I have some hot tea ...please?", Philia asked. Thanks to her flushed face being partly obscured by her blanket; it was impossible to tell if she was blushing with embarrassment.

"Me too please.", Martial said weakly raising a hand.

Indone gawked at the request then nodded. "Hot tea coming right up."

"Use the lemon tea in the right cabinet. It's their favorite one.", Del said as he made to follow.

"Where are you going?"

"To make them some oatmeal.", Del said with a smile.

A minute later the three that remained upstairs sweatdropped as they heard crashing and screaming from downstairs.

"YOU LET THE WATER BOIL OVER!"

"PUTANG*INA- OW! GET A MOP!"

Martial groaned at this.

"YOU CAN'T SERVE THAT! IT'S TOO WATERY!"

"SO? IF THEY CAN EAT YOUR MEALS THEY CAN EAT THIS!"

Philia and Martial practically latched onto Mallie.

"Don't let them kill us!"

An hour later the twins were lulled back to sleep with full warm bellies. their caretakers went downstairs and dozed off in the living room watching ABS-CBN, just waiting for it all to be over.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

Forgive me that its short guys! ╥﹏╥