Ten

Yoongi was staring intently at the screen on his laptop when she went into the kitchen, and she had to clear her throat before speaking.

"W-What do you want for lunch?" She asked, her cheeks turning pink for some reason.

He lifted his head, raising an eyebrow, "You stammered again. I thought you fixed that?"

"Ah, um- well-" She cleared her throat again, "Sorry,"

"I thought I didn't scare you anymore," Yoongi looked a little upset, and it made her heart ache.

"That's not it," She quickly turned away and began rooting through the cupboards, "Do you want pasta? I can make pa- Yeah, I'll make pasta,"

Daisy Jumped when she felt a sudden heat behind her. She turned her head, peeking over her shoulder to see Yoongi standing there, almost, but not quite touching her back with his body.

"I- Why are you still staring at me?" She countered, swallowing hard and turning her eyes away from him again.

"Because you're cute," Yoongi answered, "I told you that before,"

"Please stop," Daisy whispered, her cheeks burning again. She was glad that she had turned away from him, as her face felt as if it were glowing red.

"I can't help it," Yoongi said softly, "I like cute things. I like you,"

Daisy froze, her eyes wide. Yoongi turned her around gently, his hands on her waist before he moved them either side of her, trapping her between his arms, "I always have,"

She looked up at him, still shocked. Before she could compose herself enough to say anything, Yoongi leaned forward, pressing his lips very lightly to hers, just enough for her to feel his presence.

He stepped back suddenly, returning to his seat when they heard the front door open and Taehyung and Jungkook's voices float in.

"Anyone here?"

"I can see Daisy in the kitchen,"

Daisy's brothers entered the room and Jungkook frowned at Daisy, who was still leaning against the counter, her cheeks flaming red.

"Are you alright?" He asked, "You're bright red,"

"J- j- just had a hot flush!" She cried out loudly, making Taehyung snigger.

"What, menopausal already?"

"Shut up!" She snapped, "It's because it's hot in here. I need- I need air, yeah, air!" She opened the window quickly and went back to the cupboard, speaking loudly, "I was going to make pasta, do you want pasta? I want pasta, I'm going to make pasta!"

"What's with her?" Jungkook asked, sitting down next to Yoongi as Taehyung cheered about the food.

Yoongi shrugged and continued his work, his eyes darting up every now and then to watch as Daisy worked.

Once the pasta was done, Daisy sat next to Taehyung and listened to him natter on about his girlfriend, while Jungkook and Yoongi ate quietly. She was glad Taehyung was there with them, otherwise, she'd be feeling awkward with the two silent men at the table.

Taehyung  helped Daisy clean up when they were finished, and then both he and Jungkook went home, admitting that they had only visited because they were hungry. As they left, Daisy found herself looking at Yoongi as he worked, flicking her eyes away when he looked up at her.

In the end, he sighed and got to his feet.

"I'm sorry, I did that without asking. I made you uncomfortable, sorry," He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, "Why don't we go and get some ice cream, or something?"

Unable to resist ice cream, Daisy nodded and Yoongi smiled, making her heart speed up, "Let me get my shoes,"

"I'll wait by the door,"

Daisy found herself smiling as she dashed up the stairs, grabbing her things as quickly as she could. Once they were ready, they left Jimin's house and headed into the town towards her favourite ice cream parlour. 

She froze on the way in, however, when she saw Namjoon lounging in the corner with Hyori and two of his friends.

"Just perfect," She muttered, hoping that they didn't see her. Namjoon grew a lot more confident when he had his friends to back him up, and she knew for a fact that he wouldn't just leave Yoongi alone after what had happened.

She took a deep breath and followed Yoongi inside, making sure to keep her face turned away from him. She really wanted to have a nice time, and being involved in a fight was not what she considered a good day.