Damn This Heat!

Authors Note

The first few chapters of this book bounce back and forth in time. When the slaves speak, most speak improperly as this is written congruent to the historical era our story begins in. Therefore, the spelling of the words the characters speak is spelled wrong intentionally. If you stick with this book and the series, you will see their growth as we journey with the characters you wikk grow to love through time, patience, and binge reading.

Please like comment & share each chapter as i try to rise in Wattpad as a black author. I look forward to your thoughts and value your opinions, good or bad, so feel free to reach out. Please know that this book is in constant edit.

I want to take this time to thank you for choosing to read my work. Please be sure to save all 13 books in the vampire uprisng epic series.

Welcome to the life of a black vampire, a plantation worker who became a free slave. He was ushered into vampire life by force.

Walk with him through time, as he deals with sex, money, betrayal, love, pain, death, and greed. Smile, laugh, and cry with him as he meets the heroes of black history. I hope you enjoy it! Stick with me please, you won't regret it, I promise.

You've just been bitten.

Vampire Uprising Chronicle I

CHAPTER 1
Damn this heat

The Year
1857

It was hot, very hot, too hot to cart the master his wife and daughter into town.

It was four thirty a.m., and I could feel the perspiration resting slowly on the back of my neck.

I was a lighter toned slave. My mother was not raped by her master so I been told.

She slept with him willingly or so she say. She was not given a choice if she wanna to be with him. It didn't matter he say it's so then it be so.

Mother tell herself that because she gave it on her own it was not the same as he make her.

She made herself believe it because her massa give old worn dresses of his daughter's or because she was spared picking cotton or not made to tend tobacco field's she was more loved then dark skin slave's she was not.

It was odd for dark skinned slaves to be kitchen help in Georgia those tasks were for slaves like me that look damn near white.
For some reason we were trusted mo by the massa that we would not steal or rise against them. We were mo civil, respectful they was wrong.

I puts on my pant suit and ruffle top saving the wool jacket and white dress gloves fo last.
I leaves my loft space in the barn to bring da carriage round front da big house.

I cut through the tobacca field's to get to the kitchen the smell of wet growing tobacco spun on crisp morning southern air. The tobacco was damp from stormin in da night.

Ise hoping the road was dry so the trip to town would be easy not gettin stuck on a muddy road. I have ta be careful ta get stuck.

The other slave's of the plantation was goin to chores ta work the many field's that were on the acres. We nod mornin fast walkin past one another to begin.