Day 50 - The Live Final

"Hello everyone and welcome to the Love Island 2019 Live Final!", Caroline shouts as the audience cheers loudly. It feels very strange to have this many people in our garden. I looked at Molly who looked overwhelmed also. "Oh my god", I mouthed to her as she nods at me with wide eyes, "I know", she mouths back. "We've had fun, flutters and factor 50 galore... and tonight we'll be crowning our winners of Love Island 2019 and the winning couple stand a chance of winning an incredible £50,000", she continues as I felt Michael's hand squeezing my arm. 

"Tonight we crown your favourite couple. Will it be, Curtis and Maura?", she spoke as the crowd cheered loudly. "Molly and Tommy? Amber and Greg", she continued as the crowd gave semi-equal responses to all. "Or Amelia and Michael?", at the mention of my name I smiled brightly and laughed at the crowd's response. It honestly felt so surreal. 

Caroline continues to roll back footage of yesterday's events and it was the first time we got to see what we looked like on national television and it felt strange and we all semi cringed at ourselves but were overwhelmed pretty quickly when it showed our declarations of love from yesterday when all of our eyes watered once again, specifically at Mike's and Tommy's. Everyone clapped as it ended and Caroline came over to talk to us. "Amelia, how does it feel to watch back your day yesterday? Is it weird to see yourself on tv?", she smiled and I nodded instantly. "It's so weird like it does genuinely only show an hour of our day... our days look so exciting when in reality we were just lying around for hours", I laughed causing the audience to laugh along with me. "Michael, Amelia's declaration of love... how did you feel?", she smirked as Michael laughed nervously. "Honestly just made me fall that much more in love with her because I know she hates things like that so it meant a lot that she did it for me", he answered calmly as I smiled up at him. 

"...saying goodbye to the Villa, the vote closes in just 8 minutes so if you haven't had your say get onto the app and do it now", she spoke confidently to the camera. "It's been a truly sensational summer, so strap yourselves in as we look back at the last two months. This is the story of Love Island 2019", she spoke softly and everything started rolling on the screen with commentary by the wonderful Iain Sterling. I laughed at some of the scenes, felt emotional at others and ignored seeing Michael kiss that girl from Casa Amor because I did the same with Dan. Dan... I can't wait to see him again because I did genuinely miss him a lot, in a friendship basis. 

"What an incredible summer it's been... the vote is now closed. Time for a short break but after we will be revealing who is in fourth place. Don't be a dead ting... you won't want to miss it", she winked at the camera as I turned to Maura who was sat next to me. "Am I the only one who finds it really weird watching that back? Like, there's moments you just kind of forget everything's being recorded and then you regret doing it because you know your whole family has just seen it", I ranted to Maura, completely forgetting I had a microphone on so when the audience laughed loudly, I was confused until Mike pointed it out as I nodded in realisation. "Sorry about that", I called to the audience as they all waved at me while cheering so I waved back. 

"I can reveal the couple in 4th place is.... it's Curtis and Maura!", she cheers as I wrap Maura into a hug tightly as they walked up to Caroline and had their interview with her and watched back their Love Island best bits. Minutes later, she re-approached us as she announced that Amber and Greg had taken third place. While Caroline was doing the same with them as she had done with Maura and Curtis, I looked at Molly to my right as I reached over and squeezed her hand. "You got this", I mouthed to her and winked slightly as she shook her head. "Your the nation's favourite... I can already tell just by the audience reactions", she replied quietly as she held her hand over her microphone. I looked up at Michael and he smiled down at me reassuringly as Caroline waved Amber and Greg off the stage.