Day 49 - The Final Day

{A/N} Amelia's dress for the Love Island 2019 Summer Ball x

Our last normal morning in the Villa... that's insane to even think. "Morning Islanders", I called out happily as everyone groaned their responses. "Today is going to be strange", Mike mumbled into my shoulder. I smiled as I ran my fingers through his hair, "Yeah... it is". We all eventually moved from our beds and got changed for one of the final times in the Villa. "All I can think about is how badly I want a McDonald's", I utter to Maura as we stroll out to the garden together. She laughs loudly but agrees nonetheless. As we're lounging on the daybeds, Molly's phone chimes and the mere 8 of us all gathered together to hear it.

Islanders, Tonight you will attend The Love Island 2019 Summer Ball. It's now time to brush up on your dance moves. #SaucySamba #Ballers 

"That's biased", I complained as I shoved Curtis and he rolled his eyes shoving me back. Curtis tries to teach Tommy a little bit of a Samba but it wasn't working... he definitely has the hips of a boxer, not a dancer anyway so two professional dancers were brought in named Maria and Jose who tried to teach us a beginner level samba.

If that was beginners level I'd hate to see advanced... Also the amount of times Michael stood on my toes is shocking.

My original aim was to dance better than Curtis which didn't work... so I decided I was aiming to be better than Greg who was really trying and cracking up every time he got it wrong. "You're actually really good", Curtis laughed to me as I continued to dance with a very not flexible Michael. I turned around and stuck my tongue out at him before laughing and halting my dance moves. The entire lesson was a laugh considering nobody knew what they were doing and everyone was falling everywhere and forgetting the moves. 

(Michael) Watching Amelia dance like that with the hips and everything moving... I mean, wow.

"Thank you", we all thanked Maria and Jose and waved them off as they left the Villa. We all lounged around for another short while, enjoying the last of the sun. My phone going off broke the comfortable silence we were all sitting in as I pulled my phone out and read the text aloud.

Girls, It's time to go dress shopping! Please get ready to leave the villa. #BoujeeBabes #TryingItOn

We all cheered as we chanted 'Shopping!' while we headed to change for our shopping trip. "Bye boys", we all called to them and scattered responses came before all of them jumped into the pool and the girls and I all left the Villa. "We haven't been shopping in so long", I complain as we flick through the racks. "Maybe you could salmon in this salmon colour", I laugh as I show it to Amber who laughs with me. The girls all eventually chose beautiful dresses, Molly going for a yellow dress, amber going for white, Maura going for silver and myself choosing a sparking rose-gold dress.

We were all lounging in a cute sitting area near the boutique we were shopping in as we sat with notepads writing our declarations of love. "This is the hardest part for me", I whine as I throw my head back off the chair and Maura agreeing from beside me. "You two are so dramatic, just write what you feel... it should be easy for you two", Amber replied as she rolled her eyes and Molly agreeing with her. Maura and I huffed as we continued to write and the more I wrote, the easier it got. Eventually we headed back to the Villa and avoided the lads as we got changed into our fancy dresses. Deciding to keep it simple, I straightened my hair while my makeup stayed glowy and easy as well. We could hear the boys wowing at the set up outside as we walked down into the bedroom and waited to go out to them one by one as we decided to send Amber out first. 

"I'm nervous", Maura laughed to me as Molly left. "I feel like I'm about to get fucking married", I stuttered out and she giggled as we hugged tightly and she left. I waited a few minutes and exhaled heavily as I walked out to the boys. It honestly felt like the whole scene moved in slow motion as I swayed down the stairs in the silver heels I can barely walk in as I locked eyes with Mike. He smiled brightly when he saw me. 'Wow', I could see him mouth as I blushed and hugged him, kissing his cheek. "You look gorgeous", Curtis called from beside me as I thanked him and we all stood around a table as Tommy popped the bottle of champagne. "So, first off, all of you ladies look amazing. We're very lucky guys and I just feel like we need to try and embrace this moment and just embrace each other. To the finals guys", Greg says as we all raise our glasses into a cheers. "I love you lot", I smiled as we all pulled everybody into a group hug. My Love Island family will forever be some of the best people I've ever met in my life. 

We sat together for a while, drinking and we even had a little bit of a meal. But now was the time I had dreaded and it was time for the declarations of love. Maura and Curtis went first and set the bar very fucking high for the rest of us so I decided that I didn't want to be overlapped by anybody else, so Michael and I went next.

"Seven weeks ago, I came into this Villa shaking with nerves that there wouldn't be a girl who could understand me, laugh with me and talk to me but it was one of the easiest fears to overcome when I laid my eyes on you. You were the first girl I laid eyes on and there was something so overwhelming yet relieving about you already and then you stood forward and I couldn't have been happier. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever laid my eyes on and I'm so lucky that I got to do this journey with you by my side. I couldn't have chosen a better girl to fall in love with and I know that we will work on the outside no matter the distance, I mean who knows? I might just have to move down to Newcastle. Amelia, I love you. More than anything. And I cannot be anymore grateful that you stood forward for me on that first coupling... granted, I would've chosen you anyway". I'm slightly crying but I think that's fine. He squeezed my hands as I let out a deep breath and spoke what needed to be said.

"Michael, for someone who's as built and manly as you are, you're one of the most gentle people I've ever met. I've woken up to your face nearly every morning for seven weeks and suddenly, I don't remember what It's like to wake up without you; nor do I want to remember. Mike, you're my rock, my own personal counsellor, my best friend and, not to mention, my boyfriend. While, I've only known you for this short period of time, it feels like an eternity since the day I began falling in love with you and although it took me a long time to tell you that, those feelings were always there. Casa Amor was a taste of reality for me, it made me think of how we would cope in the real world and when I stepped back into this Villa, with no man on my arm, you were there alone to continue being the man that I would learn to call my boyfriend. If you could put all of the boys who came into and left this Villa, I'd still choose you and in a million lifetimes, I'd choose you always... unless you were stood beside Harry Styles and in that case, I'm sorry...", I stuttered through my tears and everyone else laughed loudly. 

"...Michael I love you more than I can say and thank you for loving me for me", I finished. Everyone clapped as I hugged him tightly and we pulled back as he leaned down to kiss me passionately. "I love you, even though you made me cry on television", he whispered through my lips. I giggled as a response, "I love you too". We sat back down as Maura turns to face me, pointing at the tears staining her cheeks then pointing at me, signalling it was my fault. I blew her a kiss while laughing as Amber and Greg and Molly and Tommy make their declarations. 

After the declarations, it was time to dance... Trust me when I say we all tried our best and if it hadn't had been for Michael forgetting all of the moves, it would've gone just fine. "Why is Amelia actually good at this? fucking show off", Maura laughed as we all gave up and did our own, less routine, dancing. "Curtis come do it with me", I laughed to him since he was the only one who could do it. Everyone clapped for us while we danced and we did great if I do say so myself. "Salmon!", We heard Tommy yell as he grabbed Molly's hand and ran to the pool, plunging in. We all laughed as everybody grabbed their partners and did the same. "Oh yeah... and thanks for making me less scared of water", I laughed to Michael who was keeping his arm around my waist to keep me from sinking since I was so short. 

"Always". 

{A/N} The live final is going into the next chapter which will be up soon :) x (Tbh mainly because I didn't want to end it on Day 49 and wanted it to make Day 50 :))