Day 41

"How are you finding things with Amber?", I croaked out to Greg in the kitchen the next morning as we stood making coffee and tea for our fellow islanders. He smiled up at me as he nodded, "She'll definitely be a handful, I can tell but I feel like I could handle her". I laughed slightly as I took a sip of my tea, "That's all she wants really, someone who can handle her banter and her sass but underneath that she's the nicest girl in this Villa", I replied as he stood leaning against the counter as we chatted back and forth about our lives back home. "You're a rugby player?", I question shocked as to why I hadn't heard yet. He nodded and let out a short laugh. "Didn't know that... Rugby's about the only sport I understand", I replied as we finished up our drinks and headed to our scattered friends to give them to them. 

I strolled over to the daybeds where Maura and Molly was as I handed Maura a cup of Coffee since Molly didn't want nothing. "Thank you hun", she hummed as I smiled in return and sat with the two girls as we chatted quietly. Suddenly there was cheers and commotion in the kitchen as we looked back and saw Anton strolling in as we all cheered that he had returned after falling ill. I jumped up as everyone had greeted him and he spotted me speed walking up to him. "Ayyy", he cheered as he opened his arms wide for me to hug him. I jumped into him as I squeezed him into a tight hug. "I missed my bro", I smiled into his shoulder. "Glad I'm back sis", he replied as he kissed my head in a friendly way.

Anton's been there with me from the start and he's just one of the best guys I've ever met in my life. Honestly, he's like my brother in here so we're close and he's always the guy I would go to for advice other than Michael and he'd always come to me so... yeah we're close but I love him like one of my brothers.  

As we all gathered around and chatted Anton's phone chimed as he reads his text aloud for all of us. 

Islanders, It's time to find out which boy is the buffest builder as they go head to head in today's challenge. #MenAtWork #PowerTools 

I cheered in excitement at the new challenge because I had missed them as Maura and I held hands while heading down to the challenge area. The challenge 'Men at Work' was already proving to be the most hilarious challenge we had ever undertaken after Belle and Anton got stuck in the corn starch for literally 5 minutes while we all cried from laughter. After that the boys had realised that quick and slick was the best routine to get over it without getting stuck. The challenge as a whole had everybody crying with laughter. From everyone getting stuck in the concrete, to Chris folding his high viz jacket and karate kicking the wall, to Ovie running through the wall and then proceeding to lift India in the wheelbarrow instead of wheeling her. By my turn I was shitting myself in case Mike got me stuck in the corn starch, thankfully he didn't. Although, I had to admit he looked incredibly sexy riding that wrecking ball. This challenge will go down in Love Island history, I'll tell you that fucking much. And after no discussion at all, Ovie was our clear winner.

After the challenge, we headed back to the Villa as I hovered in the kitchen with Mike talking and laughing about random things. I sat on the counter top with him standing between my legs and my arms around his neck, "You need to enunciate more as well when you meet my mum like, she won't understand a word you're saying", he laughed to me. I laughed loudly as I nodded in agreement, "Yeah, I can't understand what I'm saying myself if I'm being honest". He laughed breathlessly as he placed a quick kiss to my lips. "If you think I'm hard to understand, wait until you hear my mam' talking", I continued as he raised his eyebrows, "Is she bad?". I nodded instantly, "Proper Newcastle... my brothers and dad will be easy enough, it's easier to understand men from Newcastle I think". He nodded and kissed my head as he pulled me into a hug. "We'll just have to see", he replied as I smiled into his shoulder. 

I watched as Chris gave India a piggyback and I rolled my eyes at the persistent boy and Ovie watched the two talk. I'm just hoping India will give him a straight answer about whether or not she's 100 with Ovie or if she can be swayed. "My stomach is heaving for the lad", Mike muttered into my ear as we both watched their exchange. "He's so lovely like... but I know she's all for Ovie", I replied as he nodded and we watched as the two broke apart. Eventually, me and Mike split as we headed to get changed for the afternoon. "So who's horny?", Maura asked in the changing room as I scoffed at her forwardness but laughed anyway. In the garden, I stood with everyone as we all had a few drinks and a laugh until Chris pulled Harvey. I hissed slightly as I stood with Belle. "His second chat today with a second girl... not smart Chris", I mumbled as she agreed but the conversation seemed to go fine as Harvey seemed to be laughing the whole time. Our thoughts were interrupted by Maura's phone chiming.

Islanders, Tonight there will be a recoupling in which the girls will choose which boy they want to couple up with. 

Although there was no drama with tonight's recoupling, it would still be curious to see how it pans out. As all us girls sat and the boys lined up in front of us and India and Harley were chosen to choose first seeing as they were new. India unsurprisingly chose Ovie as Harley decided to take her chances with Chris as he approached her and did a slight fist pump as he looked at me and I winked at him while smiling. Belle then took her turn and chose to couple up with Anton as I then decided to stand up and take my turn. "I never thought that coming in this Villa, I would make as many different speeches about the one person as I have. I genuinely think I've been let off quite lucky in here with the most amazing boy I've ever met. He can handle me, he can make me laugh and he gives me proper fanny flutters", I laughed as I looked at Maura and she laughed loudly in return. "He really knows how to treat me rightly... so far anyway, so the boy I'd like to couple up with is... Michael", I finished as he approached me with a massive smile on his face and kissed me quickly as we sat down together. He rubbed my arm and placed a delicate kiss to the side of my head. 

Maura then chose Curtis, Molly chose Tommy and Amber finally got to couple up with Greg as the recoupling finished and everyone seemed very content with their decisions. Everyone separated in their fresh couples as I stood with Michael in the kitchen. "Have you realised we're always in the kitchen?", he laughed as I nodded in response. "Look at all the fresh couples... makes 'is feel so fucking old", I groaned as Mike laughs alongside Maura and Curtis who had over heard me. Eventually we ventured back inside the Villa to get changed for bed. Coincidentally, Harley and I had matching pink and white striped pyjamas so we decided to match for a laugh as Chris was the first to notice. "Is this a Newcastle thing is it?", he laughed as I jumped into bed and snuggled into Mike. The lights went out as we kissed each other a couple times before we rolled into our actual sleeping positions. "I love ya'", he whispered from behind me as he kissed the back of my hand, making me smile. "You too", I answered shortly, not having the effort to return the whole sentence but I knew he didn't mind. I just really love my sleep is all. 

{A/N} This is the first chapter I've written in a while that I actually like and I'm proud of. I know Love Island is over a while now but I owe it to everyone of you and myself to finish this book even if nobody is interested anymore :) Thank you for reading again, as always I really appreciate it x