160 - Healing Flowers on Fatal Venom

Start from the beginning

"Wha-" she cut herself off as she grew bright red.

"That makes you my sister, and I couldn't let my little sister get hurt now could I?" I smirked.

As I marched towards the rampaging Mythical Vessel, I muttered, "All that said, I can't do this alone. If we are to have a chance of winning, I'm going to need someone strong by my side. I wonder where I can find that?"

"Oh come on, you know I'm heading in there with you," Sorine grunted as she stepped forward and kept pace with me.

"That's the spirit, girlfriend!" I chuckled, "Let's show them everything we've been working towards for all this time. Let's prove that us girls aren't just a bunch of pretty faces."

"Hell yeah," she grinned, "We're both the beauty AND the brawn!"

As the words escaped her lips, her body was consumed in lightning and mine by water as we shot towards the fiery scorpion at imperceptible speeds. The massive Mythical Vessel launched a series of successive, rapid stabs with its pincers and tail, obliterating the ground infront of it where its attacks hit. Sorine and I were forced to separate and we both weaved skilfully around each strike and the small radius of explosion surrounding them.

Ignatius had no plans of allowing us to get close however. With a deafening bellow, a wave of heat blasted from his inhuman body in every direction, forcing us to retreat out of its reach and putting us well beyond the range of our attacks.

"Damn it! He's not letting us near him! Our attacks can't hit him from all the way here!" Sorine growled.

"Look out!" I shouted as I dove in front of her and raised a funnel of water around us. It hissed violently as Ignatius' blast crashed into it.

"But he can certainly hit us," I retorted as my defense dissipated, "We still can't let his flames touch us. Their venomous potency has only increased with his transformation."

"Speaking of which, are you sure you're okay?" Sorine inquired, "You took alot of poison before. I know you're neutralizing it or whatever but doing that, keeping your elemental form AND fighting on top of that must be absolutely draining you."

"It's fine. Some of the flowers and herbs I'm using on myself have rejuvenating properties. They are helping me regain some of my endurance and strength," I explained.

"What the hell?! That's too OP!" Sorine complained.

"Is it?" I laughed as I ran my fingers up the side of her hips and waist.

"Hey! What are you doing at a time like this?!" she protested but she instantly grew silent when she noticed the array of petals and flowers spreading across her attire.

"It'll replenish your energy just like mine. Plus it should provide some protection. If his flames graze you, the affected petals will fall off before it can spread to you," I revealed.

Just then, the flaming scorpion perched it's tail, seemingly tensing the entire appendage as it did. Without warning, Ignatius whipped his tail around, dragging it along the ground such that his flames enveloped a sizable circle around him. Sorine and I leapt into the air, hovering above the goliath using our elements so that we could avoid his deadly assault.

"Okay, so how do we even start bringing a monster like this down?" Sorine interrogated.

"It's simple if you understand how Mythical Vessels work. When a Vessel enters their Mythical Form, the beastly body you see is actually created entirely out of the Vessel's own element. So in this case, the scorpion we see consists entirely of fire. It has no flesh, organs or bone. Severing it's parts would do no good for it would only take seconds for the flames to reform themselves into its regular state. However, if you recall, it is the Vessel's power which feeds the form and so the Vessel always remains in contact to fuel the form. This means that Ignatius' real body is somewhere inside of that thing. That is our target! Once he goes down, he won't be able to maintain the Mythical Form any longer," I detailed.