Chapter 31 - Secrets and lies

Start from the beginning

"I mean it, Samuel. I will fucking murder you if you look at her again. She's mine." He growled.

"Logan," I mumbled from behind him, raising a hand and placing it on his arm. His tense figure relaxed a bit causing me to reel back in shock. I couldn't believe that I was capable of calming him down. This was great.

"Get your purse, Seraphina. I'm gonna take you home." Logan turned around and stroked my cheek slightly before letting go.

I obliged and speed walked towards the room. I grabbed my purse and shut the door quietly when I was done. I was still only in Logan's T-shirt that fit me almost like a dress. But it was still uncomfortable with my legs exposed.

When I reached the living room again Logan was waiting by the opened front door with a hoodie in his hand, the blood on his face now wiped away. He handed me the hoodie once I reached him. I took it gratefully and lifted it over my head. It engulfed my body with its warmness and I sighed.

"Sam, don't scratch in my shit while I'm gone. I'll be twenty minutes max." Logan said.

Sam nodded, his mouth too filled with the apple he was eating. I noticed his eyes not trained anywhere near me and it assured me slightly. Logan must have rattled him up with his threats. To be honest, Sam didn't even seam that bad, so I felt slightly bad when we were out of the apartment and on our way down.

"Who was he?" I asked quietly when we took the elevator down. He rested his back against the wall of the elevator and released a deep groan.

"You could call him a friend of mine and Gabriel's."

"Oh..." I murmurmed. "Why was he so shocked to know that I was Gabriel's sister?"

"Because in the underground world, where you deal drugs and other shit like that, you don't put your entre personal life out there." He explained after a moment of hesitance.

"That doesn't make sense though...Gabriel doesn't do stuff like that." I said, confused.

He was silenced, and looked away from me and towards the suddenly opened elevator doors. He took my hand and pulled me out of the elevator. We passed the hallways and the receptionist before reaching the exit. I decided to wait until we got into the car to question him further. I was ecstatic that he was taking me home, but so confused with everything. There was no way Gabriel did what he did. Gabriel doesn't even need the money. Our parents gave him whatever he needed. He would never do something as stupid as dealing drugs. Besides, before the last two months Logan wasn't even roaming the streets and dealing drugs, he was locked inside a jail cell for the past three years.

Logan unlocked the passenger seat and opened the door for me. I thanked him and got inside before he shut it after me. I waited for him to get inside before I continued my dispute.

With the engine started and the atmosphere in the car relaxed, I decided it was now time to question him.

"So... what did you mean before? About not putting your personal life out there in the underground world?"

"Seraphina..." Logan sighed. "Drop it, please."

"You make no sense when you speak." I sighed in frustration. "That Sam guy isn't just your friend is he? He deals drugs with you?"

"Why are you asking me these fucking questions? I'm nearly twenty fucking three years old I don't need someone to question my life choices." He scolded.

"I'm just worried about you. And about Gabriel. How is he involved in whatever business you do?"

"Why don't you ask him your damn self instead of look at me like I'm some fucking criminal." He suddenly yelled.