Wanna Be Loved

Patrick

I guess in a way I should be proud of my team for coming all the way to conference finals being a fourth seed and me not playing since February. But facing elimination was scary because the thought of this all being over, it was awful. If we could win this year that would be our third time in six seasons, do you know how amazing that would be? That would put these teams up there with some of the greatest, how cool is that?

But there's a reason this is the hardest trophy in all of sports to win, and I just hope we can pull off one more miracle.

"Patrick" a sweet voice calls out throughout the large house. I smile to myself because I forget about everything hockey related when I hear her voice.

"In our room" I yell back so she knew where I was. She eventually comes into the room and crawls into bed with me. She wraps her arms around me and rests her head on my chest and I softly run my fingers through her hair trying not to mess up her curls.

"Why are you still in bed? It's game day" she reminds me.

"It might be our last one" I sigh. She lifts her head up and looks at me with those big brown eyes of hers.

"It might not be" she reminds me and I sigh.

"I don't know. Anaheim is really good and even if we win tonight we have game seven there" I explain.

"Alright hockey boy" she starts as she sits up. She turns to me and I know I'm about to get a lecture. "Anaheim is good but you guys are better. I mean your pedigree itself just puts you head and shoulders above them. You have played great this series and even though you're down three to two most nights you're the better team. You're special teams is unmarked and you have the best top and bottom lone. Don't worry about the numbers because when you step on that ice anything can happen. Just know you're the better team and the only way to prove it is to be the better team. And I don't know about you but in a game seven winner takes all I have my money on the team with you and Jonathan Toews and Marian Hossa and Bryant Seabrook and Duncan Keith" she explains.

"I love how much you love hockey" I admit.

"And I love you. So will you please stop moping around" she begs.

"If you sing me a song" I say and she smiles.

"I don't sing" she claims.

"I hear you sing in the shower all the time. And you sound great" I insist.

"Because I'm in the shower" she defends.

"Come on... pleaaaaase" I whine until she starts to laugh.

"Alright! One song. But you have to get up and get ready for the game and come to lunch with me and Bella" she bargains.

"Deal" I smile.

"Okay, so what do you want to hear" she wonders.

"I don't know, something beautiful" I insist.

"That could mean literally anything" she giggles.

"I don't know. Surprise me" I insist.

She sits there and thinks about it for a while before a big smile comes on her face. She grabs my hand and wraps it around her. She lays her head in my lap and closes her eyes before she starts to sing.

"Settle down with me
Cover me up
Cuddle me in
Lie down with me
And hold me in your arms

And your heart's against my chest, your lips pressed in my neck
I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet
And with a feeling I'll forget, I'm in love now

Kiss me like you wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
This feels like falling in love
Falling in love
We're falling in love."

Suddenly all those bad feelings I was having flew away. Like I couldn't possibly lose when everything I will ever need is in my lap right now. And she was beautiful, so fucking beautiful. I had no words to explain how even in her PJs and her hair all over the place she was the greatest sight to see. I can't explain how my heart beats out of time every time she smiles. I couldn't tell you why this girl has made me want to be the best person I could be. But she does, and with every passing moment I'm falling more and more in love with her.

"Settle down with me
And I'll be your safety
You'll be my lady

I was made to keep your body warm
But I'm cold as the wind blows so hold me in your arms

Oh no
My heart's against your chest, your lips pressed in my neck
I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet
And with this feeling I'll forget, I'm in love now

Kiss me like you wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
This feels like falling in love
Falling in love

We're falling in love."

She stops for a second as I press my lips to hers. She was taken aback at first because her eyes had been closed, but it doesn't take her long to reach her hands up and cup my cheek.

"Is that your way of telling me to stop because I sound awful" she asks and I laugh.

"No way. I just really needed my lips on yours in that moment. Please keep singing" I insist.

"Fine" she sighs.

"Yeah I've been feeling everything
From hate to love
From love to lust
From lust to truth
I guess that's how I know you
So I hold you close to help you give it up

So kiss me like you wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
This feels like falling in love
Falling in love
We're falling in love

Kiss me like you wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
This feels like falling in love
Falling in love

We're falling in love."

"Okay, now I'm done" she assures me.

"No! Sing again" I plead.

"That was not the deal. Now you're going to get your lazy butt up and we're going to lunch then you're going to win a game tonight, that's a presidential order" she says pointing her finger at me.

"Yes miss Obama" I tease and she smiles. She pulls me into one more kiss before rolling out of bed. I shamelessly watch her walk away as I smile to myself.