Big Baby

Aaliyah

On our way back from visiting my family Washington we decide to go to Buffalo to drop in on Patrick's family and see how they're doing. Although I talk to his sisters almost every day and his parents every other day, I still wanted to see them in person. The start of the hockey season was right around the corner so I know they'll be around a lot more often. But I haven't been to Buffalo before and the fair was in town so Patrick insisted we stayed to get some fair food.

So I change into a summer outfit and go in search for my boyfriend. Once I find him I start to laugh.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me" I shake my head.

We both had on blue shorts and brown sandals with a white v neck shirt. We even both had on a white nike hat.

"Well someone's got to change" he teases.

"I don't know, I think it's kinda cute. Great minds think alike" I insist.

"If I'm doing something like you then I know I'm doing something right" he claims. I pull him into a quick kiss because we had about 7 months of making up to do. Eventually we stop kissing and we take off with his family.

"Can you please come on the rides with us? Patrick's too much of a wuss to come on one" Erica claims earning a glare from Patrick.

"Oh no, he's coming on rides with us" I insist.

"Come on! I can tell them no... any day of the week I could shoot them down without hesitation, but you" he says.

"My point exactly. You can't come to the fair and not go on the rides. It's unamerican" I defend. And I would know.

"It's a presidential decree. You have to ride the rides at the fair" Jessica claims.

"She's right" I smirk as he just shakes his head.

"Okay. I'll go only one ride" he says.

"Three" I demand.

"Two" he argues.

"Three" I repeat and he easily breaks.

"Alright, three. Don't ask for anything for the rest of the day, I don't know if my heart can handle it" he begs.

"No promises" I wink.

We walk around for a while and Patrick was quite the hometown hero. I take some pictures for fans of them with him and he stops every time they ask. He had no problem signing things and holding a baby or two. Finally I get him in line for a ride while he kept looking up wearily at the towering of spinning carts.

"You good there big guy" I tease.

"I would rather have to score one on one with Bobby Orr in his prime and Patrick Roy in the net to save my life than have to do this" he claims making me giggle.

"You're going to be fine you big baby" I insist.

"Will you hold my hand" he asks and I laugh.

"I got you" I promise.

As we wait in line I start to talk to his sisters. I remember something Jessica said a while back and decide to act on it.

"You know how I told you I wanted you to design my house" I ask her as she laughs.

"Yeah, and now you live with my brother who would never let me design his place. Trust me, I tried" she insists.

"Well I just bought 2 acres of land in Chicago with a three story building filled with rooms that need to be designed. And I haven't hired anyone to do it because I wanted you" I claim. Her eyes go big as a small gasp passes her lips.

"Seriously" she questions.

"Of course! I don't want this project be me paying people who have a bunch of money already to do something they don't even feel passionate about. This whole thing is about creating opportunities. And I want to give you yours" I say.

"Oh bless your soul" she smiles.

"I still have a little bit of remodeling and cleaning up to do before we get to you. I was going to find some people who are having problems getting jobs because of records or because they've never worked before to help out. It's nothing crazy, just some cleaning and painting, something that doesn't require a lot of knowledge or past experience. Plus the worst they can do is steal my supplies if they think this is a chance to get a leg up by stealing from a shelter. But as soon as they're done with that I'll give you a call" I promise.

"Thank you, for everything" she says as she pulls me into a hug. I squeeze her tight as I hug her back.

"Of course. I can't wait to work with you" I admit. 

"You too" she smiles.

Finally we make it to the front of the line. I decided to make Patrick fo on the scariest one first so the rest don't seem as bad. I haven't been to a lot of fairs in my life, I grew up in Chicago who doesn't have a county fair and Washington sure doesn't either. But I love roller coasters and thrill rides and all that stuff, so this is nothing.

We end up in a little car type thing with Jackie and Jess and we get locked in. The most of us were excited, but poor Patrick looked like he was going to cry.

"Come here baby" I say as I lace my fingers through his and move in closer. I pat his knee as he looks around.

"The things we do for love" he mumbles making me smile.

The next second we shoot off as we spin around and around. He started to scream but eventually he stops once he realizes we were all laughing at him. He squeezes my hand so tight that I thought it was going to pop off. But I had the biggest smile on my face as I watch his hair whip around. Finally he starts to enjoy the ride and a smile comes up on his face. We move up and down as round and round and it was a lot of fun. Eventually the ride slows down and I turn to Patrick. He runs his fingers through his hair and starts to laugh once he realizes it's over.

"Woah" he sighs.

"See, that wasn't bad" I tease as I nudge him.

"No, you're right" he insists.

"Holy shit, I didn't even know you could put those words together" Jess teases making me laugh.

"Only for her" he assures her.