Chapter 25 - All About You

Começar do início

He confused me so much. What did he want?

Now that was the main question I needed to get answered.

Did he want me to leave him alone?

Should I?

I've never been so determined to find out.

I was standing outside school, waiting for him, when a light bulb went on in my head. Oh my god, it was dance class today. I literally stood still for a moment and then rushed back inside. I ran to the school gym, and stopped outside the door. I closed my eyes and opened the door. I opened them to find about 25 pairs of eyeballs staring right back up at me.

But the most gorgeous pair of brown eyes was staring intensely at me until I looked at them and they suddenly darted back down. I wish I knew what he was thinking, life would be so much easier.

"Scarlett. You're late." Max said, being all mean on me. I thought he was going to be chill about this. "And we were just planning out who's going where. For that, you can be up front with Tristan."

I shut my eyes tightly, hearing what he was saying but not believing it. I opened it again and walked in, placing my bags on the floor. I looked back up to find everyone going back to their talking but I caught someone's eye by mistake. Will's.

His eyes were mixed with misery, anger, jealousy, pain and so many other things I can't name. I felt bad. He wasn't really doing anything wrong. He just liked me, that's all. I bit my lip and walked over to him instead of Tristan.

"Hey." I said, smiling.

"Hi." he replied hoarsely. "How are you?"

"I'm fine. How are you?"

"Good."

Awkward pause.

"So. You were really brave, going against Becky." he admitted, blushing a little, his hands stuck in his pockets.

"Thanks." I grinned. "She deserved it."

"I know."

"I'm sorry." I said randomly.

"For what?" he asked. Ugh, what is up with guy's these days? A girl tries to apologise and they don't even know why the bloody hell they're doing it.

"For being so harsh on you. You just liked me, there's nothing wrong with that." I replied simply.

"Yeah, I did. I really liked you." he answered back, his eyes avoiding mine. "I think I-"

"Are you coming Scarlett?" a different voice behind me asked, with a hint of annoyance and coldness hidden behind the casual question. I turned around to find him lightly gripping my arm possessively. I smiled, knowing that he was not over me yet.

"Of course." I replied and turned back to Will. "Bye."

I let Tristan drag me over to the front where I realized I had to dance with him. Oh no. I'm too shy for this. No, no, no. I didn't want to dance with him. What if I'm so fat he can't lift me up? What if I split my pants and embarrass myself? What if I trip over and-

"Scar? Hello?"

I snapped back to reality and looked up at him looking down at me worriedly. 

"Huh? Yes?" I replied.

"Phew, you were like that for two minutes."

"Mmm..." I kept staring into those light brown eyes that looked so dark now. I sighed admiredly, never being so lost into his eyes until now when I'm practically drooling.