Chapter 52

Melody's PoV

"Aubree," I call out as I enter the garden.

She turns to me smiling, before looking back at Reneesme who was stood with Benjamin as he showed her his power of manipulating the elements of nature.

"Melody," Edward lovingly says.

I twirl around and spot him waving me over to speak to Rosalie and Emmett. Twitching my lips up into a smile I rush over and entwine my hand softly with Edward's.

"Have all the vampires arrived?" I ask.

Rose smiles, "Yes. We are just waiting for Esme and Carlilse to return with our last friend."

I nod.

"Mummy," I hear Aubree shout out, "look who arrived."

I turn around and see Esme getting out of the car, watching as Aubree jumps into her grandmother's embrace.

I speed over and pull Esme into a tight hug myself.

"How many came?" Carlilse asks, a promising smile appear in in his face.

"Eighteen," I answer.

"You have some good friends," Edward offers, wrappings arm around my waist.

"And Alice?"

I shake my head, as Bella appears by my side.

I glance over at the unknown man who is standing closely by the silver car.

"Well, we'll all be on Aro's list now," the man says, "Centuries on the run, that's what you brought me. Some friend, Carlisle."

Carlilse sighs, "Alistair, come meet everyone."

Alistair shakes his head, "I already told you, if it comes to a fight, I won't stand against the Volturi."

"It won't come to a fight."

Alistair seems to disagree, "I'll be in the attic."

I frown at Alistair's anger, turning my attention back to Esme.

She sighs, "He's not a people person."

I shrug, "I understand."

She smiles at me, before taking Aubree's hand and guiding her back inside the house.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Hey Bella."

She turns around and smiles.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Zafrina is going to show us her power," Bella explains.

I grin, "try it on me."

Zafrina nods, as I take a hold of Bella's hand. I stare intently into the red eyes in front of me, and gasp slightly as I hear birds. Trees begin appearing as the environment around me becomes a flourished jungle.