Chapter 10

Melody's PoV

A couple of days later I sat in the library with Rose, discussing Prom.

"So have you decided to take Edward up on his offer to take you to prom?" She asks.

I blush, "yes, I have."

"Well?"

"I'm gonna say yes," I state.

She puts her hands up in the air, in happiness, "I knew you would."

I roll my eyes.

"So you now have a date and a dress. The only thing left is too make sure that you look magnificent on the night," Rose states, "therefore Alice and I will be picking you up the night before. You'll be staying the night at our house, then we'll all go to prom together."

I smile, "so you're gonna do my hair?"

She nods, "and Alice will do your makeup."

"Sounds like a plan," I say smiling.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After school Bella drops me off at home, before driving off to meet Jesscia and Angela. They are going to Port Angeles this afternoon to look for prom dresses. Bella invited me but I politely decline.

I wave goodbye to her and walk inside my house.

"Mum," I call out.

"In the kitchen sweetie," she states.

I walk in and put my bag on a chair, "what are you making?"

"Roasted vegetables, with lasagna."

I nod, "you want any help?"

"Yes that would be lovely. I'll fiinish preparing the lasagna, you cut up all the vegetables," she states.

I then put both my hands on the table, mum glance over, "what happened to your hand sweetie?"

"Fell over the other day. Turns out I hit my wrist and broke it. Dr Cullen put into a cast, it should be off in about 5 weeks," I explain, lying a little because if my mum knew I had broken it as a van hit me, then I'd never be able to leave the house.

She gives me a look of sympathy, "why didn't you tell me?"

I sigh, "I didn't want to worry you."

She puts everything down and walks over to me, "oh Melody. I'm supposed to worry. That's what mothers do."

She hugs me, "now if anything else happens. Then I want you tell me, okay."

"Okay."

She smiles at me before going back to her preparation.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It was around 10 at night when I got a phone call from Bella.