Chapter 2

Melody's PoV

The next morning I wake up to the awful noise of my alarm.

Groaning I stare at the ceiling, wrapping the duvet around my body, since it was too cold to move.

"Melody, are you awake sweetie?" My mums voice echoes.

I sigh loudly, "yeah, I'll be down in a bit."

I involuntary move to look at the time.

6:30am

I start to internally cry, "it's too early."

After my mini breakdown, I manage to get out of bed. I walk over to my curtains and open. And surprise, surprise it's raining heavily outside.

I smile a little, since I prefer the cold to the sun, but this was gonna be a life changer, especially making my way through a crowd of people I don't know for the first time. I mean I'm probably gonna look like a drowned rat. And that is not a good first look.

I turn to my wardrobe and grab some clothes, quickly getting dressed.

It was an ensemble of a white blouse, a red long sleeved jumper, paired with a black skirt and white tights. Along with my black boots, and black coat. My hair plaited in a two Dutch braids.

Once I was done, I grabbed my bag and walking downstairs to meet my parents. I walk into the kitchen, and see that they were still setting things up.

My mum glances up at me, "morning sweetie. Um..were still setting things up, but your father and I will be leaving in a minute to go shopping for proper food. You're gonna have to settle for cereal this morning. I'll leave some money on the side, and you new keys. Lock up before you leave."

They then continue with what they are doing, before they go and grab their coats. I then hear the door close.

I walk over to the cupboard and find a box of some kind, I grab a bowl and pour in the contents. I then use up the last bit of milk, I stir my breakfast and quickly eat it.

Suddenly the doorbell goes.

"Come in," I yell, knowing its Bella.

I hear them carefully close the door behind them, and shuffle into the kitchen.

"Morning Mel," Bella greets.

I turn to her grinning, "I'm almost done."

She nods.

As I finish, I walk over to the sink.

"You nervous?" I ask washing up my bowl.

"Is that a joke? Of course I'm bloody nervous. I'm not good at being social, you know how awkward I am, "Bella complains.

I laugh and I place the bowl on the side.

"Bella, we'll be fine, just relax a little, okay," I suggest.

She rolls her eyes at me, "let's just go before I change my mind."

I stand up and salute, "yes sir."

She laughs, as I grab my bag and we walk out the house.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After 20 minutes or so Bella and I had arrived at the parking lot of Forks High. I internally cringe as I see everyone look at us.

Bella parks the car, furthest away from the entrance.

I turn to her and slap her arm.

"Ow! What was that for?" She complains.

"Parking all the way over here," I state.

"There is no where else to park Mels," she replies.

I roll my eyes, "I know."

We then both get out of the car.

Everyone completely stops what they are doing and stares at us.

I nudge Bella, "what the fuck are they staring at?"

She laughs, "I think it's your ginger hair."

I sigh and start to walk forward, and as if it couldn't get worse I slip and fall on my ass.

"Great, fucking great," I mutter to myself.

Everyone bursts out laughing.

"Bella some help," I ask, as she continues to laugh with everyone else.

She nods and helps me up. I quickly recompose myself and storm off to reception, Bella trying to catch up with me.

I walk inside and spot a lady stood behind the desk.

"Can I help you?" She asks.

"Um. Yes, my best friend and I are here to pick up our timetables," I state.

"Your names."

"Bella Swan."

"Melody Peters," I state.

Her eyes widen, probably because Bella is the Chiefs daughter.

She quickly shuffles around and returns with some paperwork.

"Here are your timetables, make sure you get your teachers to sign this piece of paper and bring it back to me at the end of the day. Welcome to forks," she says, giving us what we need.

"Thank you," I respond politely.

We then both walk off to the corridor outside. I glance down at my timetable and then quickly read Bella's.

My timetable:
1st - Photography
2nd - Art
3rd - Gym
Break
4th - English
5th - Maths
Lunch
6th - Biology
7th - Free Period

Bella's timetable:
1st - Art
2nd - English
3rd - Gym
Break
4th - Free Period
5th - Maths
Lunch
6th - Biology
7th - French

"Looks like I'll see you in Gym, Maths and Biology," I state.

She nods, "don't forget lunch too."

I laugh, "see you later."

"Bye Mels."