Chapter 20

***Jennie's POV***

Three days.. three days since the attempted kidnapping happened.. and three days since the last time I saw Lisa..

The look she gave me before she left that night, I have no words to explain it.. it was so disconsolate that I wanted to reach out to her but she already walked towards her car..

Why did she give me that kind of look?

I was sitting at the man-made swing when I saw Bambam walking around the area. I ran towards him.

“Where's Lisa?” I asked him.

“If she's not in the agency, she could be in her apartment, Ms. Jennie” Bambam answered.

“What is she doing there? Wasn't she supposed to be back here already?” I know I shouldn't be asking Bambam these questions but I desperately need to know the answer.

I miss my bestfriend and I feel like something's happening.. something not good..

“Uhmm.. well.. Lisa already left,” Bambam said while looking at the sky and scratching his chin at the same time..

“What do you mean by 'left’?” I asked him.

Left? Left where again?

“She.. she already took her things yesterday, she will no longer serve as your bodyguard,” Bambam said nervously.

“She will not what?! Why did I just know this now?!” I asked surprised.

Lisa! You left without talking to me???

“I thought she already spoke with you yesterday since she looked for you before she left?” Bambam said.

“That girl! Take me to where she is. NOW!” I said then walked towards the garage. Bambam followed me while radioing the other 2 agents to come to the garage.

I was beyond furious!

Lisa! You will not leave me for the second time without talking to me. AGAIN!

-------------------

***Lisa's POV***

I just finished talking to Nana on the phone. She told me that the renovation of the restaurant is still on-going, but the result is already showing and she's excited and looking forward to running it.

I smiled by just thinking that simple things make people happy.

I just hope that my happiness can be achieved that easily too.

But Jennie Kim is never easy and will never be easy.

I picked up my phone again and dialed a familiar number when I heard my doorbell chimed.

I'm not expecting a visitor though?

I opened my door and was surprised to see the girl who I was calling, standing in front of my door, her phone held up and I saw my name on it, calling her.

“Je-” I was cut off when she stepped inside my room and hugged me tightly.

“You jerk! How dare you leave me for the second time without even talking to me!” She said while sobbing on my chest.

“I'm sorry. I didn't mean to just leave yesterday without talking to you,” I told her while caressing her back.

“You didn't mean to but that's exactly what you did!” She said while giving me small punches on my back.

“I thought you're my best friend?” She said when she looked up to meet my eyes.

“Of course!” I told her.

“Then why? Did I do something wrong?” She asked me.

“No! Of course not!” How could she even think that way?

“Then why, Lisa?” She asked me again.

You didn't do anything wrong.. but what I feel for you is..

But of course I didn't tell her that.

I cleared my throat before answering her.

“Well, uhmm.. yesterday, when I was about to leave, I looked for you to, you know, say my goodbyes.. but I saw you talking to your boyfriend so I thought it was not the right time, so I just left.. and I thought of calling you today to tell you that,” I answered her.

Yesterday, I saw her with Kai, they were having their lite snack in the garden so I didn't bother interrupting their 'quality time’. Bambam told me that Kai almost never left her side since the incident happened.

“And I told you before and I'm telling you again, Lisa. Never ever feel like you're interrupting me in whatever I do. If you want to call me, call me. If you want to see me, just look for me. If you want to say something, then say it! You're my best friend and I owe you my life. The least I can do for you is to give you my time if you needed me, you understand?” Jennie said.

And do you also understand that it's your love that I needed?

“Okay, I'm sorry, it won't happen again,” I promised her.

“You already said that, Lisa” she said while rolling her eyes.

“I did? I don't remember?” I told her.

“Not because you don't remember means it didn't happen,” she told me.

“Okay okay! I give up!” I told her then raised my hands as a sign of me surrendering to her rebuttals.

“So, we good now? You forgive me already?” I asked her.

“Only if you make it up to me,” she said while grinning.

“Okay you got it! Let's go grab some lunch!” I told her while grabbing my car keys.

“And of course, you have to tell me what happened to Thailand, and if you promise me that we can still hang out, like hang out as what normal best friends do! You're no longer my bodyguard so you don't have to act reserved around me no more. Did I make myself clear, Ms. Manoban?” Jennie asked me.

I chuckled then answered her while smirking.

“Loud and clear, Ms. Kim” I saluted then we went outside my apartment.

---------------
Author's Note

I'm sorry for the short chapter! I just wrote this this morning after I had my breakfast because I know I owe it all to you.

I'm so so so sorry for my slow update, work has been hellish since it is our month-end closing and we're kinda extending most of the time, please forgive me 🥺

And at the same time, I wanna say THANK YOU for all the support and love you're giving me! I'm so very much overwhelmed by your comments! I read everything and I really do hope to comment to you guys so that we can connect! I will try to do that when I have time, I promise!

I'm working on Chapter 21 now, hopefully I can upload it tonight. It's gonna be timeskipped, I hope you don't mind! It's not because I'm in a hurry to finish the story, NO! This story will be long but not THAT long as you might get tired of it, but still long 😅

Again, thank you for your usual support!

Love lots!!! Mwah!