Suka #81

CORNY MELODRAMATIC RANT | The madman says thank you

Maybe you’re all over it. Maybe it will all end by the time we receive that coveted 20K. Maybe you’ll go on with your lives and leave those moments inside our Facebook albums and status updates and Mega Cebu medals and certificates. Maybe you’re all over it.

I am not, though.

I wanted it to freeze, that September. I wanted it to repeat itself. I wanted it to stay that way but time is a bitch, a flowing river that does not permit hangovers. All my life was like the first 20 minutes of The Giver. Then you four kids came and painted it rainbow. You all colored my life with the chaos of trouble and I would like to say thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you for the trouble. Thank you for risking time. I thought this semester will be like any other semesters I’ve been through. You see, kids, I am black and white. My life is a flat line. A boring wall. A stagnant sea. Before I got your text inviting me to be part of this suicidal misssion, I was at the brink of “Shit here it goes again, hapit na mahuman ang sem uneventful gihapon.” You saved me. You put the curve, the mural, and the waves.

Thank you for calling this madman in. Nobody calls the madman in. He’s a madman.

You know what you did to me? You invited me to ride on a rollercoaster, we proved it fun, we touched the skies, had our heads screw themselves in midair, then it slowed down, you all got out but I wanted more. Literally and figuratively, that specific scene happened in my childhood.

I want more but I cannot impose this upon you. Nonetheless I am grateful. I may be so grumpy and dark and serious in front of you but hell I am smiling everytime I go home——for there is finally a reason doing so.

I may sound like a drunken Shakespeare now but the heavens know that I am truly, truly thankful for the ride in. The heavens never lie.

Go on with your lives. I wave you good luck.

As for our MTV, our first-born baby, she is a beauty (I decided for her to be female. Female babies are way cuter). We are all tyros. We crossed an unfamiliar territory and made camp. Our passion outshined what colossal doubts we had. We swam the unfamiliar sea. We didn’t just float, baby, we made waves.

Go on now. If we bump into each other again, I have rollercoaster tickets ready in my pocket so just say the word and let’s ride on again.

The madman says thank you.

Notes:

If any of you decides to ride the rollercoaster (which is the art of film) again, have these carved in your walls:

1. Write. Shoot. Edit. Repeat.

2. The best camera is the one you are holding.

3. Screw them critics.

4. Never trust that office again. (Subtext applied)

5. Magkat-on na ta ug Adobe Premier, After Effects, Final Cut.

6. [Add your ‘deep stuff line’ here]