I swallowed the lump in my throat wipping away my tears, my mind seemed troubled by the memories of him.

"It's my fault he's dead." I spoke emotionless.

"Don't listen to Kat she's just scared and angry and we say things we regret when we're angry." Niki comforted.

"It's my fault." I cried into my hand shaking my head.

"You know what Michael would say now?" She blink away her tears but a smile still found its way on her lips. "Don't cry sweet girl I'm right beside you." She spoke the nickname he had for me.

I look up at her my eyes softening tears rushing down hearing those words. Niki always know things not a lot of people would. I cried and lean onto her for the first time, leaning my head against her shoulder. I sob quietly finding a tiny bit of comfort with Niki beside me.

We stayed still for a little while until she spoke up again.

"Annabel found a way so we can say goodbye to him."

"What do you mean?"

"Annabel will send us one by one to see him one last time for a minute, to have a little closure."

The thought of seeing Michael created a big lump in my throat, I lift my head and looked over at Niki.

"What if he hates me?" I whispered fearing to have to face Michael and see him hate me for letting this happen to him.

"Don't you learn anything by now Jessy?" Niki chuckled softly. "We're family and we don't turn our backs on our family." Niki smiled and stood up offering her hand for me to take.

I look down on her hand and almost burst out crying at how lucky I am to have people that wouldn't dare betray you. I held her hand as she held me up walking through the forrest. The thought of being betrayed ran in my mind and Dominic's face popped up.

When Lincoln shoved it in my face that Dominic lied to me all of this time had me paralyzed in the pain that only he could give me. It was like a big slap in the face because after all this I wanted to finally tell him I love him. I want him to look at me in the eyes and say he had loved me too and the thought of him not loving me had me gasping for air because even after all the things he has done for me I'm afraid of not having him in my life. That's either stupid or just insane to even think that. The worst possible thing anybody could do to me is this and him out of all people stabbed me in the back for his father. 

I opened up to him, he is the one I never doubted with loyalty because somehow I thought he would always stand by me. Lincoln's words feels like it's taring me a part and all I have to hold on and not break down is knowing I would see Michael. I would run to him and tell him I need him now more than ever. Only he could understand and it hurts so much to lose the only man that made me feel safe and lose the other man I love for making me love myself. 

Everything is collapsing and my heart felt heavy with too much emotions. 

"Did you know?" I spoke asking about Dominic. 

She look at me and gave me a sad smile nodding. 

"I've known Dominic for a long time and he has done a lot of stupid things in his life time. Yes lying to you for years about Lincoln is wrong and stupid and the most hurtful thing anybody could do to someone but a long the way his feelings are true. That's one thing that he never lied about-

"You're wrong." I interject. "Even if it's true I can't..." I struggle with words trying to control my emotions when it comes with Dominic. "I don't think I could let this go." 

"That's okay and then maybe you can tell yourself to stop loving him." 

My mouth fell open to decline her statement but something held me back as she stare at me knowingly smiling softly. Niki never once showed me pity and frown at me and say it's all going to be okay. She simply states facts and what she knows, she's the type of person that understand so many things, her mind is such an open mind that you learn to love the person she is. You can't be gaurded when she's around she may already know your secrets.