Step Eight: Date The Alien

Start from the beginning

“Sorry, what?” I asked. He laughed and patted my shoulder.

“Don't worry, Tyler isn't into football either,” he said and then went into the form room, which was now open.

“Bye guys,” Vee chuckled and then skipped off to her own class, leaving me and Tyler alone in a now empty hallway. I looked him over, damn, he looked good today in dark green jeans and a black tee shirt with a picture of an alien on it. The typical alien, not me alien.

“Like what you see?” Tyler asked me, smirking. I nodded, biting my lip. I really did like what I saw. The urge to jump on him right here and now had my skin crawling, but I held it back. He scratched his neck and took a step away from the classroom door, so he was out of sight of the people inside looking at us.

“About last night...” he started, and I wasn't sure what he was going to say. It could be either good or bad. Good, 'I do like you', or bad, 'I'm with Vee, so this can't happen'. To stop Tyler from saying it and potentially crushing my hopes, I shoved him up against a locker and crashed me lips onto his. Tyler didn't hesitate to kiss me back, and it was the best feeling in the world.

I was so hungry for him, I'd never felt this way about anyone in my entire life, not back on my home planet, nor on any others. What was it about him that had me acting this way? Humans are so weird.

Tyler put his hand on my right hip under my shirt and I grinned against his lips.

“About last night...?” I mused, daring him to say no to me now. Tyler chuckled and pushed me away just as the bell went to begin form time.

“Never mind,” he smirked and went inside the room. I grinned smugly and walked in after him, taking a seat between him and Marco.

Everything was fine now, but it wasn't going to stay like this. I killed the Martians, I hid their ship on the ocean floor, I repaired the damage they created and removed any trace that they were here, apart from Tyler's memories. But that didn't matter, when the crew of the ship failed to return home, they'd send out a larger search party. They'd know it was me, again, and they'd come looking.

Being Mars' most wanted wouldn't exactly go down to well. But was it selfish of me to not leave? Was it selfish of me to stay here on Earth to be beside Tyler?

The answer is yes. But do I care?

No, not really. So long as they don't mess with me and the people I've come to care about.

~

Lunchtime, it's my favourite part of this whole school thing, apart from History. I liked learning about Earth things. It was lunchtime right now and I was sitting with my new 'group', as they called it. Vienna was sitting next to Marco, opposite Tyler and me. That other guy didn't sit with us much since the party, I wondered if he remembered anything... but that's impossible, my powers are too strong. There's a reason I created a scapegoat in Tyler's memories.

“So are you going to tell me now?” Vee asked Tyler, grinning. She winked at me and I smiled wider. Tyler blushed and looked at a blade of grass he was holding. I wondered what he found so fascinating about it. Probably the same as me, the way the sunlight made it transparent. I liked that, it was a weird little Earth quirk.

“Well...” Tyler said, but left his sentence open. He glanced sideways at me and smiled, I chuckled and laid back on the grass, hands behind my head, looking up at the blue sky. It was the way that guy... Gunner... had sat the first time we met. It was actually pretty comfy. Blue sky, hah, now that was something to laugh about.