86

Trial Day

Dave

Fixing my tie as I looked over at my lawyer, I was completely tense and nervous for my trail. I didn't know how today would go, good or bad, but I prayed for greatness and that's the only person on my side.

"Just stick to the plan like we said and everything will run smoothly. Besides, the person who's put you in this hell hole will be out there looking at you and he'll have to testify in front of the courtroom today," my lawyer was giving me a pep talk, but I was so confused.

He? What the hell is going on? Who in the hell would rat me out at a time like this? Malcom is dead, so I don't know who it could've been so this better be good. As far as my boys, none of them would do that shit to me, unless I misguided them. The only person that would come to my mind now is that ugly ass Malcom. He got Parker now and he permanently want to remove me out of the picture.

The thing is, I barely know the nigga. Okay, you got money and the girl of my dreams might not stay with you for long unless Parker is truly a dumbass, but we'll see about that. As far as I'm concerned, if he's really the reason why I'm in here, they might as well keep me in prison cause I just might find a way to kill him on sight in that courtroom.

Trying to shake the fear of who it could be, I headed straight towards the wooded door that had a packed courtroom on the other side.

Earlier that Morning

"Aye D?" shaking me in my sleep, I slowly opened up my eyes and turned to see Slicer looking at me dead in the face, causing me to jump up in my bunk. The hell is this nigga problem? You just don't come at people sideways like that, I'll shank his ass.

"What do you want Slice?" I slowly sat up in the bed as I rubbed my eyes and took a deep breath. I know good and well he ain't have to wake me up unless it was truly important, but he better have a good reason.

"I know today is ya big day and all, but don't get all hostile on the judge aight? When they ask you to testify, be calm and tell them what they want to hear. Man, I know you smart nigga and you gon make it out of this dump, but if they put you back in the system, I hope you got REAL people out there willing to visit you."

Patting my back for moral support, I looked over at him and dapped him up for looking out for me. Honestly, these past couple days being locked up ain't been too bad, but having to stay in this bitch forever would do a number on me. I've been locked up for robbing plus drugs and I ain't never got charged for killing. I'm just so nervous.

Parker

"Babe, I gotta go, I'll be back in a little bit," grabbing my purse off of the island in the kitchen, I walked over towards Malcom to plant a kiss on his cheek. I wanted to go to Dave's court hearing in moral support and Malcom decided to stay at home.

"I still don't see why you gotta go, you two ended things, plus he dogged ya ass so why are you going?" Looking up at me and giving me a confused looked, I low key got pissed by his comment. I really don't know why he has a grudge over Dave. First off, you two fight at a bar and it causes all this? Nah, something ain't right.

"Why are you acting like that towards him like he's some type of villain? You barely know Dave and it's like every time I bring him up, you act like an ass," folding my arms, I cocked my eyebrow at him.

"I'm just going based of the shit YOU told me Parker. If I were to do the same shit to you, do you not realize that the media would bash the hell out of me? Look, I don't know if I can love you the way that you STILL love him. Yeah, I said it, you still love him. You'd think being together for a complete year would solve the issue, but I guess not. In my speech yesterday, I meant every word and look at what we're talking about now. How'd you feel if I were to go at my ex's court hearing? Upset as hell huh? I guess it's different when you a female huh?"