58

Parker

After undergoing a talk with Sean and Regina at the house, Dave and I had no other choice but to put back on our clothes from last night. Of course Slime and his older brother Glizzy swooped by just before I went to go back to the hotel where Regina followed me to help me get back all of my belongings.

"You and Dave finally getting a home together, which is nice, but shit can you imagine when he puts a baby in you? Or when he decides to put a rock up on that finger? It was all over a fight that Darrien had with Dave, now look, you're happy," grabbing a few folded shirts and tossing them in boxes as I took other things out of the closet.

"I mean yeah, we're in a good position now. Even though we're finally back together, I'm happy to say that we can start something new together. If he were to propose, that's too early," shaking my head smiling, I went back over to the boxes to add more of my belongings before Regina looked over at me.

"Parker I'm scared to have this baby. Yes it's my first one, but during the procedure and all that labor pain..I do want a natural birth, but at the same time, I wouldn't want a C-section," her hands began to shake as I held onto them and sit closely next to her to try and settle the nerves.

"Hey, it's going to be alright. I'm no doctor, but I know you're strong and the baby is going to turn out healthy. Did you get the results for the gender? How did you want to arrange the set up for the baby shower?"

We began to grab tape to seal the boxes and what couldn't fit in the three boxes we had would go in the suitcase.

"Girl, I wanted to switch things up a bit and have a music themed party. The females could dress up as singers and the guys could act as rappers, if ya'll don't mind," she began to cross her fingers hoping I would say yes.

First of all, issa no. Second, doesn't she know that Halloween is over? It's one day chile, calm yourself down. Don't get me wrong, it's an idea that means something, but no for a baby shower. You want to be simple and plain. 

"I don't think that's a good idea, maybe you could do a sports theme and have the women in pink jerseys that have girl on the back and the guys could wear blue jerseys with boy on the back. As far as numbers you could do one and two. The real question is, when you plan on having the baby shower because this house warming party will be within the next two weeks once we go out shopping and buy up a few more pieces."

She went to shut off all the lights as I had the suitcase handle in one hand, my work backpack on my back, my swing purse on my shoulder, and my left hand held onto the box with all my hair stuff. The plan was to leave the hotel, stuff the car, then drive over to the new house.

"Well, since you wanted to combine the house warming and the baby shower, more people are gonna have to spend money on both of us, but I don't mind having it at my house the week after," closing the door behind herself, Regina held onto the other two boxes while her purse was on top before we made our way to the elevator.

"I mean, that's what's gonna have to be done, cause shit, it's gin be a while lotta whole lotta and I am not trying to deal with all of the mess and everybody staying at the house too long. You do a party and we come over. I do my house warming for a few hours then everybody pack a little plate of something and leave," I sucked my teeth as the doors closed and the elevator took us down to the lobby.

People are greedy when it comes to food and events. Even when it's free and a private event, somehow random people will show up. I just don't want a big ass crowd of people over at MY house. I'm gon tell Dave too, cause when the guys come over, they gon leave a mess and gon look to me as a maid.

They better put a little TV in the lounge club at the shop and hang out over there cause I be damned if I have to clean up after grown ass men. Sometimes you just want your home to yourself and family, but I will not open up my house for the world. Nah, this ain't the shelter, gon bout ya business.