17

Another day went by and I was right around the clock. My night didn't go so well since Regina kept crying at random hours, which kept me up. Don't get me wrong, a break up is rough cause I've been through it, but damn girl give me my rest!

She decided to stay at my place since she didn't want to face her once again empty home. Her and Sean have been together before Dave and I started to hang out. Coming to think of it, what am I to Dave? I mean, we went on a date that was wonderful, he ate out the box, slept over, even showed up to my DAMN job. Not to mention undress me...

I need to call him and figure what's going on because it would be cool if he wants to be together, but I'd hate to see him throw us away and say we should be friends.

Running a little late for Millie's appointment, I walked in shortly after grabbing a cup of coffee. It seemed like Regina's tears are making my eyes droopy. Heading inside the office, I could see Millie standing up against the glass window looking out. Lightly closing the door behind me, I stepped to the side walking towards my desk nervously.

"Hi Millie, w-what can I do to assist you?" keeping my eyes focused on her, she remained looking out towards the window. Soon enough I could see a tear drop onto the floor from her glossy eyes.

An unsatisfying look smeared across her face as she looked back over towards me slowly, "My boyfriend and I went through a battleship of a relationship and I couldn't bare the feeling within me ya know? Kicking him out was my only option and I couldn't have a man like him around my daughter," slowly lifting up her shirt with scratches and purple bruises.

It reminded me of my dark days with Darrien. He made me feel like trash and I had to put an end to it all. If wasn't going to, who knows where I'd be now? The day that Dave stepped foot in my life, I felt grateful because I didn't know if I'd ever run into someone like him ever again.

Setting my coffee cup down on my desk, I walked a bit closer to only see her face with dried tears.

"He was my EVERYTHING and I know I shouldn't say that, but it's the honest truth. He abused me, but me being a fool forgave him. We've been on and off since 2014 and he had his little girlfriend on the side."

"Uhh..that's odd. I've been with my boyfriend since 2014..not to get off character here. He was abusive to me as well and I know the feeling. Sometimes, you have to let go of fear and walk away from the past ya know?"

Sitting down in the lounge chair, she turned to face me with her sappy eyes, "I understand..I mean Darrien loves me and we're having a baby on the way. I was just keeping it a secret," my eyes froze as she lifted up her hoodie to reveal a barely visible bump.

D-Darrien cheated on me ALL these years? He's giving a baby to her? I gave him my everything and this is the shit that he does to me? The fact that I'm Millie's therapist makes me want to choke her and end my carrier right now. With anger built up inside me, my jaw just clenched as I dug my nails into the palm of my hand. I'm gonna kick some ass.

"Wow..I'm the mysterious girlfriend if you were wondering Millie, Darrien and I were the ones who've been together before you came along. Yes, he was the love of my life, but now you're here. He ruined my life and made me feel like complete shit and ugly, he is a true asshole. He was there for me when everything inside me was dead. I hope you find your happiness and he is what you want. In case you're wondering, I know about you and Dave. Kairi is beautiful, but.."

Before I could say more she stopped me, "You may think you know MY daughter honey, but you don't. I've been dying for you to spill the entire tea about Darrien. Don't get me wrong, he is one fine man, but trust and believe these makeup skills sure do the trick." she slowly dug in her purse to wipe away a purple mark underneath her eye.