6

Dave

Coming out of the pizza restaurant, I could hear yelling and police escorting a man out of a high-rise building.

As I glanced closer, I could see Darrien catching himself in trouble. The words weren't clear until I heard him mention Parker's name. I guess she worked in that building, whatever it is.

I wanted to get involved, but it wasn't the right time nor place. Turning Kairi away from the commotion, we walked back towards the car, buckling her inside.

Once finished, I headed in the driver side,  making my way home.

All my life I've surrounded myself on the east side of Harlem, one of these days I'm trying to travel and go sight-seeing with a special someone.

Until that day comes I'm gon focus on heading out this game, stay true to my daughter, and save up a few more hundred dollars for my own personal shop. I've invested two hundred grand so far, but I need more.

With the shipment on Thursday, I should have enough to either buy a used shop and fix it up, or start from scratch.

Time to get my mind right and go for what I need.

***

Laying on the bed with a sleeping Kairi on my stomach, I began to take in the movie Boss Baby on the tv screen.

Some of the things people come with, I'll be wondering what their thought process was.

Like, how are you making a grown baby run around a kid?

Seeing my little angel made me smile. From the day she was born, I have her everything she'd ever want.

I know for a fact she's a daddy's girl cause the shit Millie put her through sometimes, just makes me wonder.

Ion never want Kairi to fall for a nigga like her lips cause sometimes I feel like I'm no good for a damn soul, but who knows? Maybe one day somebody might open up my eyes to see differently.

I was soon interrupted of watching the movie when my phone rang. Millie was FaceTiming me in the late evening.

As I answered the phone was pointing up at the ceiling fan, heading her soft moans. Immediately, I felt upset knowing she's having sex.

"Hello?" my confused tone made its way through the speaker but still, no one answered.

She got a nigga up in the house I let my daughter sleep. Kairi lays in that same damn bed with her mother when she get nightmares. How the fuck some random nigga gon just show up out of nowhere? Boy when I give her a piece of my mind

The clapping of bodies colliding together made me tense, so I moved Kairi off of me moving her onto the bed keeping her asleep. Swiftly making my way out of my room, I entered into one of the two guest bedrooms, closing the door with the phone still in my hand.

"Yo what the FUCK Millie?" I clenched my jaw as I saw a hand pick up the phone and Darrien was giving her back shots.

He soon flipped the camera over to his face, "She's mine now nigga," the call soon ended before I could say a word.

Frustrated with my thoughts, I threw my phone into the wall, feeling my anger build up.

Dragging my hands from the back of my hand to my face, I began to feel upset.

The woman who I shared a child with left me for a good two years. Never would I see her with a man worse than me. I know I had my ups and downs, but you can bet money. I would never lay my hands on that girl. I loved her.

I gotta let Parker know about this bullshit, cause I think she needs to know the truth.

Parker

"Girl you are a damn fool," I laughed as Regina was giving me the tea on her new boo Sean.

"Girl you don't understand how he be hitting them spots! It's soothing like a back massage...you need to let Dave blow that back out. I can't believe he gave you his number and you ain't even call him," she began to roll her eyes at me before taking a couple sips of her wine.

I always stop by her house before going home, just to check up on her. Besides, it's raining extremely hard.

"Girl hush..after realizing one of my clients is his baby mama, I'm not even sure if I want to get involved. For crying out loud they have a baby together!" I sat down in her plush leather love seat.

She smacked her lips, "Okay and? That nigga KNOWS he can have any bitch on the block, and he be getting them quick. He wants to chase your tail. If he wanted some pussy, your ass would've been up in the air while ya face was down. It's what, four times he's taken interest in you. If ya wanna truly see I what he's made of, invite him as your date to that boujie bullshit thing you go to...where y'all play dress up and give money to the already rich people instead of us poor niggas eating corn flakes and baloney sandwiches."

If it ain't one thing about Regina is that she isn't afraid to speak her mind. I guess that's why I love her.

"You think I really should? I mean we barely know each other.." I began to second-guess myself.

What if he doesn't answer? What if Millie picks up the phone? Who knows if he's not banging some other girl on the side? Is he going to just set me up for sex? Will he even acknowledge me after we get past the first date? What do I even mean to him?

"You never know unless you try Parker. I think it's time you open up to new beginnings."

I lightly smiled before the sticky note out of my purse that had his number inside it. Grabbing my phone, I unlocked it with my face before going towards the dial pad, typing in the number that was once on the sticky note. My hands felt extremely shaky as my blood pressure rose and my heart beat sped up over a thousand times.

The phone rang a couple times before it soon stopped. Nervous on what to say, I stayed quiet on the other line. All I could hear was silence between the two of us for just a whole minute.

"Hello?" his raspy voice came to the phone giving me chills.

I apologize that this chapter took so long to get to y'all😓 I was up on the road all day and I only had 45 minutes to give ya'll a lil sum sum so here ya go. 🤗By tomorrow morning, y'all should receive more content!🤪 Love y'all ❤️✌️