11

One Week Later

Parker

Things have been going smoothly between me Dave and honestly, I feel great. He stops by during my lunch break and brings me food whenever he has time, and workflow is finally progressing more than usual. Jasmine is opening up more to me.

When she has bad days, she'll color a page in her coloring book as a stress reliever. I've taught her when she's angry to color in her book, at least one page at a time until it's finished. Right now she's on page five. At home she'll try to hide in her room closet and color at night when she's most comfortable.

With yet another day at work, I walked up towards the office to see a large iced coffee on my desk with a yellow sticky not attached to it.

Sweet Caramel: Have A Good Day Bitch!
-Stan

I smiled at the thought of Stan being such a sweetie. Taking the straw, I taped on my desk watching a green straw appear before throwing away the paper wrapper in my sliver trash can.

As I indulged in the first sip, Stan knocked on my door.

"Thank you so much for this, and I appreciate you so much. For this random act of kindness, we're going to have drinks at the bar tonight, on me." I smiled setting the drink down.

He chuckled and his eyebrows raised in shock, "Alrighty Ms. Party Girl. I won't let you drink too hard or your boyfriend will kill me."

I rolled my eyes, "Dude, he's not my boyfriend..even Marshall thinks that. We're just friends.."

"FRIENDS who like each other..yeah don't fool me. I bet money by the end of this month you'll be strolling in here getting all bubbly because you let him turn your little meow inside out."

Bursting into laughter, I could feel my body bend over slightly. I can't believe the things that come out of his mouth.

"What? You know it's true and I want my money when he does tie you down."

Catching my breath, I wiped away a small tear before taking him serious again, "Okay, you can have your money when he 'ties' me down."

He sighed dramatically before sitting in everyone's favorite leather lounge chair.

"When does your lunch shift start?" reaching in his pocket, he slid out his phone.

"I have until  12:05..you know this, why?" I leaned back looking at him curious.

"I wanna have lunch with you silly! Everyone and their momma gets to eat with you but me. It's totally not fair! Besides, my mom wants to see more pictures of us," he pouted.

Sighing heavily, I glared at him, "Okay fine, but when the next dinner comes around, you have to tell them the truth mister," I pointed my finger in his face.

His hands moved up in surrender, "I got it!"

***

Drowning in my notes, I felt extremely tired. Taking up my phone, I Face timed Dave to see what he was up to. I swear he smells like coco butter and vanilla every time I'm around him. Well, it's his natural scent. Point is, he smells nice and I love to soak it all in.

In my mind, my voice began to squeal as the call was connecting and he popped up on my screen. A bright blue velvet durag was wrapped around his head and tattoos revealed all around his body.

Licking his lips he looked at me, "Wazzam boss lady? You looking nice today," his sniffling made me giggle and tuck my bottom lip in.

"I'm working and feel like I wanna call it quits..How are things on your side?" he positioned himself in the beg getting more comfortable.

Love Me Naked|Dave Eastजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें