44

Parker

"To family, friends, the will to love, and life," holding up his glass, Sean made a toast to the fact that not only did Dave get full custody of Kairi, but little Ms. Regina is gonna have a baby. As all of us and the crew gathered around, there was nothing but positive energy surrounding us tonight.

The kids were downstairs in the basement playing around and all the adults were gathered around by either a beer or liquor. Since I haven't had a fair share of alcohol, I decided not to, and Dave has only had one beer. Besides, I was so happy for Regina.

"Are you going to tell your mom about this?" Nudging Regina, my body lowered down towards her ear. When it comes to Ms. Paula, she is one to be kind and loving to one another. When Regina came up, she was the one to help her move in and she even went to lunch with just the two of us.

"You want ME to tell my mother who hasn't spoken to me since the week before Thanksgiving? Parker, things began to fall out between us when I told her who Sean really is and what he does. Before she lets things go, she's making it seem like I take my HARD earn money and give it to him so he can buy stuff to grow the weed. The more I try to explain, the worse the arguments became."

Seeing her frustrated made me slowly pull her from out of the kitchen and into the living room. The girl who grew up in Atlanta, had two loving parents, nearly born with a golden spoon, is now making a new life for herself and this new human who's about to enter this world.

Don't get me wrong, my mom would be mad if she found out I was dating a dealer, but we all make choices that are good and bad. What you plan to do about it is all on you.

"Look, now I know your mom is strong and loving, but she'll have to get pass the fact that you're going to have this baby. Gina she loves you and I'm sure it would mean the world to her if she can have a grand child. You know my situation with my mom, so be glad yours is still around."

My mom still lives in Atlanta with my aunt Sheryl and it was until recently that she had moved in with my aunt and her family. Moving out of that hell hole to live on my own, I managed to graduate while Regina's mom still had funds to support the two of us.]

"You're right, I should be grateful and I'm glad you're helping me. It makes me  realize how important it is to have communication with my mother. On top of that, I have to think about expenses for a child. Will you be here not only as a godmother, but to help and guide me trough all of this?"

My hand began to briefly rub her shoulder before pulling her in for a warm hug, "Girl you know I'm always here," smiling softly, we let all these tension and emotions go before getting up and heading back to the boys.

"Hey babe, you ready to go?" Looking down at Dave, he had just sipped on a small bottle of water. Knowing how serious he took his health made me VERY proud of him.

With Sean and Regina's situation, how would it feel if Dave and I had a baby?

****

The Next Day (Afternoon)

Dave

"Hey, you better watch it now," nudging my arm, my mama came over to not only drop off Kairi, but I wanted to make dinner for us as a family. We need to start cutting back and have healthier food choices.

For starters, I'm making a vegetable mixture consisted of broccoli, green beans, carrots, asparagus, and corm. I have never been a fan of asparagus, but when it blends in with all my other favorite vegetables, I don't mind. 

"Ma will you come out the kitchen?" Putting the Kitchen Aid bowl in the sink, I let a lemon and blueberry cheesecake settle in the fridge for our dessert. To go with the vegetables, there's gonna be turkey and purple potatoes which are indeed sweet.

"Alrighty, I'm gone, but be sure to save me a piece of that cheesecake and a small plate. I left my plastic bowl right there on the counter, so when I come tomorrow it better have food."

I began to shake my head at my mom before she waved me goodbye, closing the house door behind her. Kairi and Parker were taking naps so why not fix them something to eat when everything is all over?

Once putting everything on low heat I maneuvered my way towards the parallel bars, I slowly got up out of my chair while holding onto the rails. Once wiggling my toes, I began to push through the pain as my feet encouraged me to walk. After doing it over a couple more times, some of the pain went away, but it took me a steadier time to walk.

"Yay, you're doing it baby," smiling with tears of joy, Parker slowly stepped towards me with her glossy eyes gazing up at me.

"Thank you for believing me...I love you baybeh," tucking my lip in, a smirk plastered on both of our faces. We just stood there, admiring each other's features and looks. Moments later, we heard tiny feet shuffling down the steps.

"Be careful running down the steps Kairi, I don't want you to hurt yourself," turning her back, Kairi was standing right by Parker's feet.

"Everything smells divine, are we ready to eat babe?"

Just her words made me smile, but a part of me felt as if I was hurting her and I just kept my cool when it came to lying to Parker. I know for a fact once I let it all, she would never forgive me no matter what.

Until then, I'll keep my mouth closed.

  "I'm ready whenever you are love, let's dig in," allowing her to help me back in the wheel chair, we headed towards the kitchen to eat a BIG meal like one giant, yet happy family.

Here ya go guys. I've been out and about all day, so I tried to keep things simple. By the next chapter, something drastic will happen, question is, are y'all ready for it? Anyways I'm gonna get going and I'll see you all in the next chapter 💞