23

Day of The Cookout

Tossing and turning throughout the night, I couldn't take the pain and aching as the nightmares crept through my mind.

Walking in a dark room I could smell a burning sensation as my feet moved from side to side. Seeing a golden door knob, I opened it to seeing Dave with a bloody bullet hole in his heart. On his forehead, a scratch was dripping blood down towards his eyebrow. Bruises were on his face and there was a a purple bruise on his jaw.

Running over to him, I cuffed his face in my hands as tears fell down my face.

"B-Baby are you okay?" I looked down at him with pure worry in my eyes.

Spitting blood on the side of my leg, he looked up at me as his arm wrapped around me gripping on it hard.

My lungs were getting tight, finding it hard to breath, "You lied to me," his eye brows furrowed and anger built inside of him.

"Y-You're chocking me..." I felt heartbroken as his hands were piercing my neck.

  Just then, a bloody shot went through his head and I screamed turning to see Josh holding the gun.

Walking over to me, his hands undressed me kissing along my neck.

"It's okay baby, I'm here," looking down between my legs, Darrien began to eat me out as Josh continued to trail kisses along my neck.

"D-Dave.."

Waking up from out of my sleep, I rose up from out of the bed taking a sip of water from the bottle, turning on the light from the lamp. Hearing Dave's raspy voice, he turned to look at me.

"You okay baby?" his black velvet durag was wrapped around his head as his arm laid across my waist.

"It's n-nothing, just a bad dream," I turned to look at him.

"Wanna talk about it?" he planted a light kiss on my shoulder.

"No, it's okay, I'll be fine," going back to the lamp, I turned off the light as snuggled into Dave's arms letting him hold me close.

"I gotchu baby and I ain't going no where," feeling his lips on my forehead I smiled lightly before going back to sleep.

****

As the sun pushed through the white curtains, my feet and hands shuffled through the bed to see Dave not there. Opening up my eyes, he was nowhere in sight. Stretching from out of the bed, I looked over on the nightstand to see a pink sticky note on top of my phone

Picking Up Kairi. Be back soon❤️

Smiling from ear to ear, I went towards the bathroom to freshen up since it was my day off and I had Dave all to myself today as well as Kairi. She's so cute. 

As I turned on the pipe for the shower, I stripped out of my clothes taking off the wig and the wig cap. I think it was time to was my hair anyway. Walking over towards the cabinet door to take a comb to take out the braids and and comb through my hair. Grabbing my shea moisture products to wash my hair.

Never having a perm, I always adored my long natural hair, and having 4C hair doesn't bother me as much. When straightened, it's ony two inches past my bra strap, so I guess you could say it's long. It may not be curl goals, but I think it's time to wear my natural hair out this time..maybe in the future.

Stepping inside the shower, I went in and washed my hair with a good amount of shampoo and conditioner, thoroughly making sure to get out all the dirt out, plus it smells so divine. Once I rinsed it out, I went ahead to wash my body with some African black soap feeling rich and light.