Part 41.

Selena was at her doctor's appointment. She sat on the table waiting for the doctor to come back with her results.

New Message from My Starboy ❤️
I miss you baby.

Selena was smiling as she began to text him back but the doctor came back in.

Doctor: So.. your results are in....

Selena: Alright

Selena read his face, she knew something wasn't good about to come out of his mouth.

Selena: Whats wrong?

Doctor: I found out the reason behind your swelling and the inflammation in your abdomen and of course the pain that you've been feeling.

Selena: What is it?

Doctor: Theres complications due to having Lupus

Selena: Okay.. what kind of complications?

Doctor: You've been diagnosed with arthritis

Selena: ...what? No way...

Doctor: Ms. Gomez your kidneys are shutting down quickly. The autoimmune disease has attacked your kidneys. You are going to need a kidney transplant.

Selena: ( tearing up ) Please—please tell me this is some kind of mistake. I cant have arthritis, my kidneys can't be shutting down.

Doctor: I'm sorry. We'll put you on the list but I will say the list is seven-to-10-years long. Miss Gomez if you don't get that transplant you could only live up to 4 to 8 months. You can go to chemo until you get a donor.

Selena's vision was so blurry from the tears that were built up. She choked out the words.

Selena: You're telling me... if I don't get a donor in time.. I'll die.

Doctor: ( slowly nods and looks down ) I'm sorry

Selena: ( tears falling ) Please tell me this is a mistake. My boyfriend and I had sex and the condom broke.. I took Plan B, maybe that's what's wrong.

Doctor: Ms. Gomez it's okay to be scared. We're going to do the best we can to get you a donor. Just have to be patient—

Selena: Patient?! How am I supposed to be patient? Im fucking dying!

Doctor: You're not dying

Selena: As long as I don't have a donor, I'm dying.

Doctor: I'm sorry Ms. Gomez

Selena: I just need to be alone.

Selena couldn't hold it in anymore. She was sobbing so hard. The doctor apologized once again before leaving Gomez in the room to cry hysterically.

Selena's POV