Part 9.

Selena's POV

The morning before my show I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. The kind of pain I have never felt before. Tears were streaming down my face. It felt like death... or at least close to it. My nose started bleeding, my hands were sweating. I wanted to scream so loud for help. I heard a slight knock on the door, it was Theresa.

Theresa: Selena, is everything okay in there?

I was trying to keep it together. I didn't want her to hear the pain in my voice so I tried my best to hide it.

Selena: I'm fine; I'll be right out...

I looked at myself in the mirror and I didn't look fine. I looked sick, but there is no way I'm about to cancel my first show due to illness. I let my fans down. I turned the water on and filled my hands up with water before leaning down and splashing it into my face. I then grabbed my prescription and opened the container and tossed two pills into my hand and placed them in my mouth. I leaned my head back and swallowed, I leaned forward and drank some water from the sink. I wiped my tears away and got myself together before walking to the door unlocking it and opened the door to see a very worried Theresa standing in front of the door.

Theresa: You know you don't have to lie to me...

I forget how much Theresa knows me well enough to know when I'm lying.

Selena: Im in so much pain T...

Theresa: Do you want to cancel?

Selena: No! Absolutely not. I refuse to cancel my show. My fans has been waiting for me to tour again. I can't let them down.

Theresa: They'll understand. Selena your health is what's most important.

Selena: I'll be fine, I promise.

I'm not sure if I was much convincing but I just didn't want to fail my fans again. Hitting the stage that night was refreshing. I was extremely nervous. But after all I had a great time. Hearing them sing along and dance made my heart full. Despite having a great time I was still in so much pain. I talked to my doctor and he knew about me being back on tour. His advice was that I shouldn't be going on tour especially a world tour. Something told me that I should've listened but maybe if I take it easy after my performances then everything will be just fine. I was wrong... 2 months later I was feeling worse and worse. I was back in California for a 2 night special. So many of my family & friends were attending. I was extremely excited. But like I said my pain was getting worse, my anxiety was blowing through the roof... The first night in San Diego, California my chest was in so much pain. I was out of breath and I haven't even hit the stage yet. I was beyond thirsty from my dried mouth. I was so exhausted... but I'm an actress, I made sure I hid all of my problems. No one knew about me feeling horrible. Everyone was believing that I was doing just fine. That's how I liked it, I didn't want anyone to feel bad for me. After my performance everyone was backstage in their dressing rooms while I was in mines. I felt miserable. I didn't know how long I would be able to handle this. And what I mean by that, I mean tour. I didn't even mention that my natural hair was falling out so that's why I chose to wear extensions. We didn't waste any time, we drove to LA. Even though I have my own place in LA, I stayed at a hotel with my crew. When we got to the hotel I locked myself in a room while the others had their own room. I wanted to be alone. I was feeling so depressed. My phone went off so I grabbed it from off my bed. It was Abel... I hit the ignore button and ran my fingers through my hair. Not even one second later my phone rung again. This time I answered.