Chapter 36

Chaeyoung

I slowed my pace as I reached the park. I stopped and stooped down to catch my breath. It was refreshing to run around early in the morning, I feel so energized. The sun rays hit me as I looked up and inhaled some fresh air. I'm really happy to discover this place. It's so peaceful in here and calming, birds chirping and the breeze of the morning. I smiled to myself feeling proud early in the morning. I looked around and my eyes caught a figure at the bench. She was sitting there with her long hair being blown by the wind. I squints my eyes as I try to look who it was.

'It looks like Mina..., the posture, her back and the shiny hair...It's definitely her.'

I started to approach her but keep it down since I don't want to come out as stalker or a bad person. I wiped my sweat and slowly turned to her. She's texting someone on her phone that she's didn't noticed my presence. I still can't see if it's her but I think it's her, I hope it's her...

"Mina?" I called her sounding unsure. She stopped typing but didn't raise her head to me or even glance. She was just there froze and I was just also here waiting for her to look at me. She put her phone in her pocket and finally turned to me.

'Same brown orbs...but without emotions...'

"Didn't know you'd also be here..." I said trying to save the conversation and myself...I can feel how she's awkward, especially of what happened last time. She nodded, not even putting it in a word. I stared at her and it just hurts, I know she can sense it, yet she didn't dare to look. 'You really hate me this much?' I looked away and sighed. I looked around to see if there are other people, especially if Jimin is here. But seems like she's alone or maybe he just went somewhere.

"So is Jimin with you?" I asked trying not to sound nosy, like I don't really care if she's with him...it's just that...it's better if he's not...She raised her head but just looks straight. I watched her frowned and now I regret asking that. She shakes her head and now I kind of felt relieved.

"Can I sit...beside you?" I asked sounding unsure. I don't really want to ruin her day or something. I just happen to meet her here; it's the destiny that did this...not me.

"Yeah...sure..." She said still not glancing at me then moved aside. I sat down and also looked down. I sighed and still felt hurt; she doesn't acknowledge my presence here, now I can confirm how much she doesn't want me to be here. How she hated the situation she's in, well I am too Mina. I also don't want to be here okay? To be in this very awkward situation with you, to be here acting like we didn't know each other, like we didn't had anything...

I just...I just wanted to know if it's really you, to see you again after all this years, without our friends watching every move we make, without making an issue and asking things. I just want to talk to you...talk things out and finally be in peace...

"I loved you..." I said and looked at her. She froze and as she slowly turned to me. My heartbeats became fast.

"I was happy with you...you were my life...my savior...my love..." I continued and now I can fully see her face, the face I used to see every day. She's looking at me shocked with her eyes looking at me with so many questions. I stared back and now is the first time in three years I get to stared at her face. Still have the moles, brown orbs, the eyebrows, eyelashes, pointy nose and thin lips...still beautiful...

"Don't ever think that I didn't love you...that I wasn't happy with you...because I am Mina...don't doubt my love for you. It's just that right now...she have me now...she was there for me when I don't want anyone to be with...she didn't gave up and leave me...I'm happy with her now Mina...and I love her..." I said and before I finished everything she looked away. I looked at the sky and think of those days with Yeri, but then smiled sadly as Mina crosses my mind. I didn't thought that she'll still be hurt after all this years, I mean, I thought she already move on considering she have a boyfriend now. I turned to her and my chest tightened, she's crying...