Chapter 19

Mina

"If I'm gonna be your girlfriend now, what would you promise to me?" I asked and leaned with crossed arms. She froze but then smiled. She's just looking at her plate and that's when I noticed that she's done eating.

"Nothing." She suddenly said that made me look at her. She's smiling at me and I don't know what I should feel. Her smile relieves me and at the same time my heart broke. I blinked a few times and let her words sink in. I leaned back and heard my heart breaking into pieces. It hasn't even started and I'm already at the finish line. It hurts but I guess it's true; she just really played with my feelings-

"Nothing, because I won't promise anything; Promises are meant to be broken right. So I don't wanna be those cliché lovers in a story where you promise something to someone then eventually broke it. I don't wanna hurt you. And besides I can do things to you that will make your heart flutter and feel the butterflies in your stomach without making promises. I can hold your hand, hug you tight, kiss you every night and day, and say 'I love you' every time I want to. And I know that it will make you feel safe and loved, and that's what matters to me. Action speaks louder than words right. So I will just do things to you and lessen the talk." She finishes with a smile. My heart beat fast and loud. I opened my mouth but words won't come out. I stared at her and quickly looked away. Her eyes were too drowning. She stares at me like she's saying that I'm enough for her, like I'm the only one and she will do everything to make it clear. She's looking at me like I'm her world. It's overwhelming and scary. I don't know how to deal with that kind of feeling. I don't know how to react, should I do something? say something-

"I love you..." She blurted out like it's just a simple phrase. I froze and blushed, my heart beat faster and louder, it's like bursting out so I held it. I haven't even recovered from her words and now she said the most in demand phrase in the universe. 'Yah, Son Chaeyoung...stop making me fall for you...more...' I looked at her and saw those eyes again, it was glistening.The way she looked at me; it's full of love and admiration. I can see how much she's been waiting to say that. How her eyes sparkled when she finally said that. I just stared at her and still not saying anything. The words were overwhelming and sudden.

"You don't have to say anything. You don't have to answer anything, it's not a question. All I want you to do is to feel. Feel the love that I'm willing to give. Feel the love in the things that I will do for you. Feel the love from the way and hold your hand. And If you want to, you can put your hand on my chest and feel my heart beating fast...just for you. Always remember that I care for you, that I love you...please don't doubt that." She said and managed to reach my hand and kissed it. She rubbed it and gave me a warm and a full of love smile. I stared at her trying to understand her words as if she's saying it in another language. My heart is still beating fast and my whole body is stiff, my mind is in chaos and malfunctioning. This is your effect Son Chaeyoung, this is how you made me feel just by your words, what more when you use those slender hands...ahhh, you're driving me insane!

"Yah, I didn't consume it all, there's still left for you." She said, cutting the awkward atmosphere. She let go and put the food on my plate. I watched her serve it and just stared at her. Now I'm feeling bad doubting her intention. I shook my head and looked at my plate. She placed it in front of me and I started to eat. I can feel her eyes on me but I did not pay attention. After I'm done she presents to wash the dishes, I let her since I can't bear to face or talk to her right now. From all the things that she said, I might go insane if she will add something more. I went to the living room and opened the TV. I sat on the couch and didn't bother to look at the TV, I don't know either why I turned it on. I rested my head on the couch and closed my eyes.