Ch. 8 Flight Affairs

Start from the beginning

"Which way are we going," I asked. "Back that way down the stream," Angelrini said pointing behind her. "What's wrong," Drew asked. Should I trust Trey? Probably not but I think I can trust him more than this Angelrini girl. Trey's never hurt me but who knows what Angelrini's capable of. "We need to go the way we came. Exactly," I said.

As if on cue, people started to scream in the direction I wanted to go. What's going on in there? "Are you ready to die," Angelrini asked. "No. I'm just not trusting you," I said. Angelrini raised an eyebrow and asked, "Well who are you trusting?" That's a good question since I don't know Trey's real name.

Angelrini smirked and said, "That is what I thought. We need to go my father's way before we all perish over a foolish girl." "You can go wherever you want but I'm going my way. Come on Drew," I said and pulled Drew's arm. He didn't move and I turned to face him. Drew was looking into the jungle.

"Is there a problem," I asked. Drew looked at me and said, "Haylynn we don't know the area like Angelrini does." More people were screaming in my direction and I started to doubt myself. Maybe Trey is a bigger threat. "Come female. I don't believe in leaving behind anyone. Including a human like you," Angelrini said. Then again I don't take orders from anyone.

I turned to faceAngelriniand Amy growled inside of me. That made me growl which was new. For some reason I just wanted to kill Angelrini.That wouldn't be a bad idea but it isn't one of my bests. Maybe I could push her into the water. Drew wouldn't save herif I fainted. I'm his mate after all."Let's not fight here. Haylynn why do you want to go that way so badly," Drew asked.

I started to get frustrated and said, "We just should! Are you questioning me?" Drew shook his head and started to bend over but caught himself. What was that about? "I have a perfect solution. Let the male decide," Angelrini said. 'Are you out of your mind?! What does gender have to do with anything," I asked. "Important decisions are always left to the males," Angelrini said.

"I don't know what kind of rock you've been under but males are not the superior species," I said. "Are you saying that I'm incorrect human," Angelrini asked. "Enough," Drew said with beta authority. I had a lot more to say but I couldn't do anything about it. I will kill Drew. "Now listen and listen well. We need each other and we cannot fight about everything. We are going to go through the middle of the two paths. Would that work Angelrini," Drew asked. Angelrini nodded but I wasn't happy.

"I know I promised not to my love but you leave me no choice," Trey said. "Drew move," I exclaimed and pushed Drew out of the way. Trey shot a gun and I saw the bullet in the tree behind me. "You could've killed someone," I exclaimed. 'That was the idea my love. If they're slowing you down, I'll help," Trey said.

"What was that," Angelrini exclaimed. "Answer your boy toy's new lover," Trey said with a smirk. "That was a warning. We need to go the exact way we came. Now," I said. Angelrini opened her mouth wanting to say something but closed her mouth. Well that was easier than I thought. I looked at Drew and he was looking around. "I don't hear anyone," Drew said. "Only you can sense me my love. It's a gift of our love," Trey said.

"Put it on a hallmark card," I said to Trey and faced Drew. "We're going. Understand? My way or we all die," I said. "I would never kill you love," Trey said. "I would," I said to Trey with a cold tone. I turned to him and he was smiling. "See you soon my love," Trey said and disappeared.

What is this feeling? I ignored it and looked at Drew. "Coming," I asked and didn't wait for a response. I started to walk into the jungle letting my feelings guide me. It's like an invisible trail left for my soul. "How do you know where you're going," Angelrini asked. "This is the right way right," I asked. "Yeah but-," Angelrini said but I cut her off. "Well then don't worry," I said.