• Seventeen •

Dean's POV

Sitting here in the hospital is bringing up memories I never wanted to relive. I know Olivia is fine, but I refused to leave her alone for the night. Nobody told her this but Cody is in the same hospital, and I don't want to risk him coming in here. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I don't care.

Olivia is asleep right now, and I'm sitting in a chair next to her watching whatever was on TV. Everyone had gone back to the hotel for the night. After a lot of arguing with Phil, I stayed behind to spend the night. The nurses were supposedly bringing me something more comfortable to sleep on, but it's been a half hour now. I don't even know what time it is, but I know I won't be able to sleep here.

I hate hospitals.

They remind me of my mom, the countless nights I would spend laying in the bed with her wondering if she was going to make it. That happened on more than one occasion. They also reminded me of someone I want to forget, although it's impossible. Olivia is a walking reminder of her.

Flashback: 5 years ago

"Is this Jonathon Good?" I shuddered at the use of my full name.

"Yeah, who is this?" I snapped back. I hated when people called me Jonathon. It's Jon or even Dean.

"This is Dr. Stevens at Cincinnati Memorial. I- "

"Let me guess, my mother again? Not surprised there." I said, about to hang up.

"No sir, unless your mother's name is Alexandria Brooks."

"Wait, Alex? What's going on?" I said panicking.

"She was in a car accident, you are her emergency contact. She has some minor injuries but nothing life threatening. She has a broken leg and will need someone to come pick her up." I breathed a sigh of relief, she's okay.

"I'll be right there."

I jumped into the car, and thankfully the hospital was only a 10 minute drive. I had been on the phone with her not even an hour ago. Her and her so called husband got into a fight and she was on the way to my place to talk. If he's the reason she got in an accident I will end him.

I walked into the hospital and immediately went for the front desk.

"Alexandria Good." I barked at the receptionist.

"I'm sorry sir, I don't have anyone here with that last name." I groaned and rolled my eyes.

"Brooks. Good. Ambrose I don't care what her last name is. Let me see my sister."

The receptionist was getting annoyed with me, but I could care less.

"Room 183. Go all the way down and take a left." I nodded and quickly walked down the hall. I took a left and found her room. I knocked on the door and heard a quiet "come in".

My knees almost gave out seeing her in the bed, she looked tiny. She had a cast on her right leg, and some stitches on her forehead.

"Shit Al what happened?" I said, walking right over to her bed and sitting on her left side.

"It was my fault Jon. I mean, it was the dudes fault for hitting me but I wasn't paying attention." She said frantically.

"Stop blaming yourself for everything, you are too nice. What happened?" I asked again.

"I was at a red light, it was about to turn green when I got a phone call. I went to grab it but the light turned green so I put it back. I started going when someone coming the other way ran the light and hit me. Thank god it was on the passenger side so I didn't reallyget hurt."