• One •

I wipe the sweat off my forehead, trying to keep it out of my eyes. This is my last game, an end to a 13 year long career. Soccer has been my life since I was 10 years old, and I stuck with it all throughout high school, and now college.

    There is 1 minute left of the game, my last game, forever. The ball is passed to me by Stella and I run it down the field, about half way, trying to make it all the way. A girl from the other team has be blocked from going forward so I pass it to Jessica on the other side of me. She sees an opening and runs it down the filed. As I try to run down to Jess, I get an elbow to the nose (something that happens at least once during every game). I hold my nose in pain, but push through it and run down to Jess. She is cornered with no open spot to shoot.

    "Jess I'm open!" I scream. She looks over at me and nods, passing the ball to me quickly. I take no time to shoot, and I just go for it. There was less than 30 seconds left and we were tied. I watch the ball as it rolls across the field, straight towards the goal. I cross my fingers and hope it was a good kick. I watch and it seemed slow motion, the ball is staying low to the ground and rolling fast, the goalie sees it, but is she quick enough to block it? The answer is no. Before I can process what happened, my teammates are hugging me and picking me up while screaming. I made the goal. The final goal, the winning goal. And with that goal, my soccer career came to an end.

    I'm feeling so many different emotions; happiness, sadness, worry, pain, fear. What am I supposed to do now? This was my last game, which means I'm graduating college in 3 days. What am I supposed to do after this? I'm sad I wont play with my team anymore, but also glad I don't have to deal with constant concussions and broken bones. I'm happy to be done, but also really sad. I'm worried about the future, scared about what is to come next, and in a lot of pain because I'm pretty sure my nose is broken.

    As my team is hugging me and laughing and crying, the clock runs out, and just like that its over. We won, and I'm hanging up my cleats.

     I walk into the locker room after a long celebration outside on the field. We all had our hugs and laughs, we dumped a bunch of Gatorade and water on Coach Simmons, and then we all went inside. I started to get undressed, taking off my uniform and putting on some Adidas sweat pants and a CM Punk tank top. Oh right, you don't know a thing about me.

    My name is Olivia Brooks. My brother is Philip Brooks, aka WWE Superstar CM Punk. He is 32 years old and I am 23. All my life, my older brother has been my best friend, my inspiration and role model. I love him to death and admire him and his ambition. From the first memories I have of him, he was always wrestling. Whether it was wrestling with our dad, wrestling with our older brother Mike, or even me when I was old enough. We would constantly watch the WWE, we all loved it, but not on the level that he did. We always knew he was going to be a wrestler, from the moment he started training in Chicago. I remember clearly the day he debuted in WWE, it was surreal to see my big brother on the TV. He worked his ass to get there and I was so proud of him, we all were. But it was tough to see him leave. When he officially made it to the WWE, he was bout 26, and I was 17. It was my junior year of high school. I was devastated to see him go, he was my best friend and I needed his advice in these last two years of high school. He was always a phone call away though, and after a while I got used to it. I gained a lot of friends just cause my brother was a wrestler, and some of them were fake and only wanted his autograph, but a few of them have stuck by my side all throughout college. I went to/go to college at the University of Minnesota. How did I go from Chicago to Minneapolis? I got a kick ass scholarship for soccer. What soccer is to me is what wrestling is to Phil. Its my passion, my love. I have sustained so many injuries and probably need a couple surgeries, but I wouldn't want to play any other sport. Phil supported me through all of my schooling, and even made it to a few of my games with his friends and finance AJ. I love her to bits and think they are perfect together. Im graduating college in 3 days with a major in photography and minor in fashion. Weird I know, but when soccer is your main priority your schooling becomes kind of the back burner. I had to keep my scholarship so I needed to take easy classes in order to keep the GPA up. Photography has always been a fun little hobby of mine, so why not right? And fashion was just something to keep my credit hours at a full time student. What am I going to do with it you ask? I don't know. So now you know at least a little bit about me, lets move on.