***********

Y/n POV

Making my way inside the school I walk to my locker and retrieve all my belongings for my first two periods. While I'm standing I can hear the distant voices of Allison and Liam bridging their way towards me.

"Y/n?" Surprised by my arrival at school I manage to fake the biggest smile and wave them over. "What are you doing here?"

"To get an education, what does it look like?" Allison and Liam share a look before slowly nodding there head.

"But Stiles is here." Allison whispers and I roll my eyes. Can't a girl go about her life without having to be thinking about her ex's whereabouts?

"And I care why? We're done...he loves someone else who isn't me and I'm not going to sulk around just because of him. He's irrelevant to me." Slamming my locker I clip my lock back on before turning around completely. Liam's eyes widen as he squints his eyes at me.

Why is everyone looking at me as if I'm a ghost? Sure I haven't slept or had a proper meal within the past few days but I don't look bad do I?

"Woah!" Immediately Allison slaps Liam across the head while I glare at him. "I'm leaving...first period's going to start." Clenching my jaw I stride down the hallway until I'm stopped in the middle by my two my best friends colliding into me. We all fall down onto the floor as there staggered on top of me. "You can't go into first period." I groan and push them off of me.

"I appreciate you guys protecting me but I don't need, I'm fine really. I understand he's going to be in my class but I'm not going to look in his direction. I'll see you at lunch alright." Waving goodbye I make my way to the third floor and enter my English class. Taking my usual seat near the window I watch as the students pile in before shifting my gaze out the window. I hadn't realize class started until Ms Blake called out my name for the third time. And I did, only to notice Scott sitting next to me and Stiles sitting with Lydia. Quickly tearing my eyes away I clear my throat and sit up straighter .

"Y/n?"

"I'm fine Scott, just open up your textbook and actually try doing your homework for once." He sigh's out a breath before doing as I say. And just like that I scribble down whatever nonsense Ms Blake is writing within my notebook.

***********

First period went by painful as on occasion Stiles and I would make eye contact with each other. And I wanted nothing more than to exist the classroom without an explanation. But somehow, someway I stood my ground and proceed doing my homework as it was the only distraction I needed. Second period Allison and I shared notes and copied off each others work as our hatred for the teacher increasingly grew throughout the year. But as soon as lunch time rolled around the two of us raced into the cafeteria to be first in line to greet our favorite lunch lady. "You're shoving me Allison."

"No I'm just trying to see the options." This time she rolls her eyes before pushing me into the glass slightly.

"Allison I swear-"

"Girls!"

"Mary!" We shout just as the doors to the kitchen open. "How are you girls?" Fluffing up my hair Allison and I make contact with each other as suddenly my breath is caught in my throat. Gulping down some saliva I motion for Ally to speak.