Chapter 38

Y/n POV
2 weeks later

Lately I have been working on myself and my place on this earth. I have slowly started to eat a lot more than I did the last few months which has provided me with more energy. It has made me feel more content than I ever have been. The people closest to me helped me throughout the way but none of this would be possible if I didn't force myself to fight for the life I want.

Aside from that Derek thought it would be a brilliant idea to go prom dress shopping. He told me I could invite Allison and Issac along with us if I wanted too, which is exactly what I did.

"How about this one n/n? Too flashy." I scrunch my face up in disgust when I notice the barely covered lace overlapping the material that shows a substantial amount of skin. The colour of the material wasn't the greatest either as it is neon pink with yellow flowers.

"I beg of you to put that back or better yet throw it in the dumpster in the back." Allison snickers before placing it back on the rack.

"Wanna know how much that dress is?" I nudge my head.

"How much?"

"$260 dollars." Pretending to throw up I walk away from the unnecessary expensive dress.

"I could buy a better dress that's prettier for that price. I don't know who would ever buy that ugly thing." At that statement an older lady picks up the dress and glares at us; allowing Allison to sprint over to me in a fit of giggles.

"Shhh your making a scene." She presses a hand onto my shoulder while we continue to walk in the direction of the guys.

"Good." Lifting the four dresses further up my arm I let out a grunt at how heavy each one is. The first dress is a long navy blue silk dress with a sweetheart outline. Another one is a deep red with thin straps and a bare back. Each string and strap cross over the other on the back as a small slit can be found going up my leg. The next one is a lavender backless, tulle lace dress with hand crafted flowers along the top half. The last dress is a hunter green dress with thick straps along the shoulder. It's tight fitted along the waist but flows down perfect on the bottom half. They are all pretty simple dresses but that's something I rather have than to much sparkles or designs.

"Did you guys find anything?" I ask when I approach the boys.

"I have a black tux from my mom's wedding so I'll just pair it with a tie based on your dressed." Derek say's and pulls me into his chest. His arms wrap around my waist comfortably as he rubs my back in a soothing motion.

"That's going to be a difficult decision considering I have four options." Derek chuckles before pulling my face up so he could kiss my lips. I let out a calming hum when we break apart.

He makes me happy.

"I just have a tux with a black tie, the coloured ones are too expensive." Issac says making the three of us softly laugh. "How many dress do you have?" He asks Allison.

"Only two but I think I know which option I am going with." Nodding his head we move to the changing rooms where we finally decide between our options. It took a total of thirty minutes for our indecisive asses to finally make a decision. Allison listed out the pros and cons with her dresses while I was stuck between two dresses. The navy blue and the deep red seemed to never leave my mind. The last two dresses were long gone when I realized they didn't suit me.

"Allison just choose the second one. If you liked the first one than there wouldn't be a second choice." I furrow my brows at Issac as Allison slowly puts down a red dress. The strapless sliver ruffled dress hugged her body beautifully as she spun around in front of the mirror.