Chapter 4

Stiles POV

I walked into my room, jumping onto my bed, my phone laid next to me when I saw it light up. IMessage from Kayla. Kayla, the girl who stood me up. I slowly reached for my phone, I opened the message and carefully read it.

Kayla: Hey sorry about yesterday I feel terrible. My cousins surprised me by coming over and I couldn't leave, I haven't seen them for 2 years. So I was wondering if we could try that coffee date again? Hope you can forgive me.

After I read the text I didn't know what to do. I would've called Scott but he was probably busy. I wanted to ask (y/n) but I knew that would of been wrong since we just kissed. I mean, it probably didn't mean anything to her but I feel different after it happened, like she changed me. Jeez that sounds stupid.

I decided to give Kayla another chance. So I texted her back, my thumbs nervously typing out the response. 

Me: Hey Kayla. I'd be okay with going on another date. Just try not to skip out again lol. I'll pick you up at 10 tomorrow night.

After I sent the message I reached over to set my phone on the night stand. As soon as my phone hit the cold wood it lit up immediately. Kayla had responded. 

Kayla: sounds great. I'll see you then.

I looked at the text message and didn't text back, not knowing what to say. But I did notice a text from (Y/n). I opened the message immediately and I realized I made the biggest mistake with the coffee date.

(Y/N)Hey Stiles I've been thinking. . . 

(Y/N): Actually never mind. 

I saw the message and I had to call her to see if everything was ok. Maybe she was feeling the same things I was. I dialled her number, it took about 5 rings and then she finally answered.

"Hey Stiles what's up?" you could hear her smiling through the phone, she sounded cheerful.

"Nothing much, just confused with your messages and I wanted to hear your voice instead of texting you, you know?" After hearing the last thing I said I felt like an idiot, who says that? "I wanted to hear your voice." Idiots say that, that's who. 

"Oh," she gave a nervous laugh.

"I-It was nothing." She stuttered, clearly it was something. 

"Come on (y/n/n) just tell me what it is. It can't be anything bad." 

"Okay, I-I just w-wanted to know If a-anythings changed cause of t-that t-thing." She stuttered

"N-no, it didn't we're still best friends. We'll always be best friends." I don't understand why I'm stuttering so much, I never do this. 

"O-oh. O-okay, thats good to know. Sorry for asking I just, I didn't want anything to get awkward." Her words showcased a sense of disappointment with every word that spilled from her lips. I couldn't figure as to why that was the case. 

"Stiles, I gotta start heading to bed. It was good talking to you. Night." Her words quickly changed from disappointment to a fast paced goodbye.

"Alright I'll see you tomorrow. Good night." There was no sound from the other line, she had already ended the call. I felt that I did something, but what exactly? No clue.  

*****

After that conversation with (y/n) I couldn't fall asleep. The constant stutters that came from her, the voice of disappointment, and the awkward tension made me feel extremely different. Maybe our friendship has changed a bit.