Chapter 22

Stiles POV

"Lyds"

"Stiles?" Her groggy voice is heard through the other line as confusion laces her voice.

"How are you doing?...You know after the whole Jackson thing." Even when we weren't together I always wanted to make sure she was okay because it seemed as though I was the only one she truly had.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Typical Lydia for assuming I wouldn't catch on.

"Lyds I'm being serious." I huff out a breath of air while I run my hand through my hair.

"So am I."

Silence consumes us for a few minutes while I weigh my options, one I try getting it out of her or two help distract her mind. I lay down on my back and stare up at the ceiling where a small glowing dinosaur sticker is.

She's going to kill if she ever finds out.

"Lydia would you like me to come over? We can work on the project." My fingers tug on the plaid collar while I wait for her respond knowing whatever happened earlier was eating at her.

"It's almost eleven Stiles." Her delicate voice announce the fear within her as she tries not to sound desperate.

"I don't mind."

"What about Y/n?"

She actually doesn't know about this call in fact she has no clue I am meeting up with you when just a few hours ago I was holding her.

"Lydia we're going to be working on the project Harris assigned us ...nothing else." I say as I ignore the small growing pit in my stomach.

"Okay." That small "okay" was all it took for me to jump out of bed and into my jeep. Today in the hallway I wanted nothing more than to smash Jackson head into the wall for touching even a strand on her hair. I've known her my whole life and loved her since but things are different now, I have a wonderful girlfriend whom I cherish greatly. Although she would probably kick my ass if she found out what I am doing it is the only way to get this heavy weight off me.

A few minutes later and I find myself parked in front of Lydia Martins house. Last time I was here everything ended ugly.

"Stiles! Wait let me explain!" Her dainty hands pull at my sweater as she tries to stop me from walking off.

"Lydia I fucking saw it with my own two eyes I don't need to hear your pathetic explanation." I gently move her hand away from me as I continue to walk away.

"Stiles just let me-" She whimpers which makes turn around.

"You were doing a lab Lyds he was too fucking close." I run a hand through my hair as she takes a step closer to me. "For god sake his hand was practically on your damn thigh stroking it up and down like some wild animal!" Tears pricked my eyes while my heart shattered with each look the strawberry blonde passed towards me.

After that everything is just a blur...the only thing I do remember is her running out into the ran to follow me while yelling my name.