Chapter 29

Your POV

Throughout the week Allison has called me asking for us to talk because her mental state isn't in the correct place. But every time I even get close to her house she changes her mind and tells me to go back home. Expect that's not the only weird thing that has been going on lately. Ever since Monday Stiles has been acting suspicious around me, he never wants to spend time with me or he manages to make random excuses to get away from me. When I stop by his house he is never there and on Wednesday when I looked for him at our spot he sat down on a rock with his head in his hands. I wasn't going to make myself known but I had accidentally tripped over a twig, which caused a snapping sound. This immediately got Stiles's attention before his eyes scan over me, his eyes seemed emptier and the tension between us was something I've never experienced before. I was suddenly unable to let out a single word when Stiles got up and walked back to his jeep.

And I couldn't help but think I did something wrong. That I was responsible for our separation. Mason is convinced that Stiles is cheating on me, but I just don't buy it...I mean Stiles promised me it would never happen again. Hell I was finally able to accept my feeling towards him, I've learned to trust him and I cannot give up yet. I will not make up scenarios in my head that I know aren't true.

By Friday the lacrosse team was getting ready for the game at night and in the pit of my stomach I felt a heavy feeling overcome me, indicating me to not go. To stay home and avoid the after party but I couldn't allow myself to do that; I had to support Scott and Liam even if things are awkward between us.

"I feel like I'm going to throw up." Mason rolls his eyes at Liam before nudging his shoulder.

"Stop stressing man, you'll do great." My body leans itself against one of the available lockers as I observe the two best friends at it again.

I don't think I've ever loved another human being as much as I love Liam and Mason because they have been my number ones since day one and I wouldn't change a thing. Although Liam and I have been very awkward around each other we still give some sort of indication that we are doing well. I still can't believe that we almost kissed but I also cannot deny that it was bound to happen one of theses days.

"Use your anger Liam." He squints his eyes at me while I flutter my eyelashes innocently. "What?" Mason laughs at us while Liam sticks his tongue out at me.

"Thanks genius but that will not work if my nerves get in the way of my anger." I roll my eyes at Liam and mess up his blonde hair.

"You'll be fine Liam."

"You know the two of you saying that doesn't make anything better." Mason and I exchange a look before shrugging our shoulders.

"We're just trying to be optimistic." Mason points out as Liam finally decides to ignore us. "Who's coming to the game today?"

"Well I'm going for my brother...I-I wasn't sure if you wanted me to go for you so I didn't say anything. But Allison should be coming with me as well." My statement only creates a tense atmosphere around Liam and I while our gazes turn to our fingers.

"No I want you their." Lifting my gaze towards him I smile and nod my head.

"Than I'll cheer you on from the crowd." The two of us laugh as our feet inches us closer.

And from the corner of my eye I notice Mason giving Liam and I a weird look but before he could open his mouth his phone begins to ring. "I'll be back." Once he walks off Liam goes back to retrieving his things inside his locker as I play with the hem of my shirt.