(My Brothers Bestfriend) Looks Can Be Deceiving 3

Start from the beginning

She seems beyond shocked.

“You want me to come over?”

I don’t understand Ella. She acts as though she’s the dirtiest, most revolting thing on the planet. After only the last fifteen minutes of health spent with her, I can already tell she doesn’t think too high of herself.

“Of course! Look, meet me outside that big old willow tree and you can follow me to my house.”

I don’t really give her an option to object. Smiling, I give her a small wave before heading off to my locker.

“What’s up, homie?”

I look over to the left of me to see Adison shoving her books into her locker. She gives me a grin and I return it.

“Not too much. Just befriended someone, you know me, I’m too nice.”

She chuckles.

“I agree. Who are you talking about anyway? Is there a new kid?”

I shake my head no.

“You know Ella?”

She raises her eyebrows as she closes her locker.

“Oh.”

I guess everyone has that reaction when someone mentions Ella’s name. I never really took too much notice of it. I wonder if I use to do the same.

“Yeah, she seems alright. A little bitter, but cool.”

She nods.

“Yeah, it figures everything going around about her are rumors,” She laughs. “I mean, half of the things I’ve heard aren’t even possible.”

I agree before we head off for lunch.

“I still can’t believe that Breanna punched Jason!”

Adie tells me and I laugh.

“Definitely a shocker!”

“What’s a shocker?”

We both stop and turn around to see a smiling Savannah.

“Oh, just Breanna.”

Adison tells her.

“What about me?”

I laugh. This is just like those movies; you know the ones where everyone just randomly comes in from nowhere? Yeah, those ones.

“Oh, just you bashing up Jason. What a tough little cookie!”

I coo as Savannah messes her hair up. Bre blushes a little.

“Oh, hush up!”

She doesn’t even have it in her to cuss! What a cutie!

We all slowly make our way to lunch.

“You know coach Corn made us do eighty seven push ups?”

Sav says in outrage.

“What a joke!”

Bre agrees as Adie laughs.

“Coach Corn?”

I ask, double checking I hadn’t heard her wrong. I’m sure last time I knew him his name was Carn.

“You mean coach Carn?”

She shrugs.

“He reminds me of corn.”

We all burst out in laughter as we all stack food onto our trays. I decide on a salad roll with a can of Dr. Pepper.