(My Brothers Bestfriend) Looks Can Be Deceiving 5

(To the right is a video of a girl singing. Play it when Alicia starts her song. Please know that only that girls voice is featured in my story, that isn't what Alicia actually looks like.)

~

“I want it to be a boy.”

Mom grins at dad and me as I roll my eyes.

“Of course you do. I’m sure you’d just love to have a mini-dad running around the house. But mom, you won’t be able to have sexy time with your son.”

She blushes and turns over on the bed, hiding her face in dad’s chest. He smirks at me and I laugh.

“No, but I do too. I’d love to have a little brother.”

I voice my opinion to mom and dad as I sprawl myself out even more on their huge bed.

“What about you, dad?”

His face is thoughtful.

“What do you want it to be?”

He bites his lip as he takes a moment to think. Mom brings her head away from his chest to look up at him.

“I’d love to have a son. I’d be able to teach him football.”

He grins and I shake my head.

“Even if it’s a girl you’ll still teach her. You did Alicia.”

Mom points out. And she’s right; I am really good with football. With dad, Jacob, Josh and Jason around, it was kind of hard not to pick it up.

“True,”

He laughs and the room falls silent.

“What would you name him? If it is a him, I mean.”

Mom slowly shakes her head.

“I don’t know, Licia. I’ve never really thought about it. What do you think, Cay?”

I look at my dad and he shrugs.

“I’ve always liked the name Tom… But now that I consider it I don’t like it that very much.”

I stick my tongue out of my mouth and pretend to puke.

“Nobody related to me will have the name ‘Tom’!”

They both laugh before dad asks me what I think.

“Kyle,”

I don’t know where the name came from; it didn’t even pass through my mind. I just said it. But I do like the name, now that I think about it.

“I like that,”

Dad agrees and mom nods.

“Knock, knock, knock!”

Dad rolls his eyes. I think I got it from him, that habit.

“Only Savannah would say knock instead of doing it.”

He leaves the room to go and let Sav in while mom and I continue to lye about.

“I’m not nervous. Is that weird?”

Mom sits up a little, and then leans her head on her right hand, her elbow hoisting her up.

“No, not at all.”

She smiles at me and I smile back.

“It just proves you’re a natural. I’m so proud of you, Alicia. You have no idea.”

I copy mom and fall into the same position, facing her.

“Thanks, mom. It means a lot. I promise when I’m accepting my first grammy award I’ll mention you and dad.”