(My Brothers Bestfriend) Looks Can Be Deceiving 32

The news of our Karmin performance spread like wildfire at school. We aren't exactly sure how people found out, but we kind of figured that somebody overheard a conversation they weren't meant to.

The good thing about having the whole school know our schedule was the endless amount of support that came from people. However, the bad thing was the constant hassling from students of all different year levels, who felt it necessary to corner both Jason and myself at every opportunity that presented itself.

With the constant buzz both at school and at home, time passed quickly and before we knew it the day to stand beside the fame-rising couple had come.

"Mom!" I call from my bedroom while glaring at my reflection in the mirror. "I can't get my eyeshadow right!"

"Mom's currently giving way to morning sickness," Aunty Stefanie says as she hurries into the room. She lifts my face up, studying my eye makeup. "You just need to make the top a little darker,"

"Morning sickness at night time," I muse. "Ironic,"

Stefanie laughs. As she successfully fixes my eye make up for me I try to get my nerves under control.

Jason and I attended the first pre-concert set up and sound check a week ago, and then went through it again today. And now finally, tonight is the night to put the show on for all of Karmin's fans.

"I don't know why you didn't just agree to get ready there," Stef huffs. "There are professional make up artists there who get a fat pay check to do a much better job than me,"

"When I'm rich I'll shout you McDonald's," I grin as she finishes with my right eye. I peck her cheek. "Love you,"

"Yeah yeah," She grumbles as she follows me out of my bedroom. "Now it's really time to go,"

We meet my mom and Jason down stairs. I stop and stare at my mom as she walks out the front door, her figure still not revealing she's pregnant. "Damn," I whistle playfully. "My mom's a milf,"

I hear her laugh from outside and I grin.

"You look beautiful Alicia," Jason whispers from behind me and I gasp at the unexpected closeness of him. I blush when our eyes meet. He runs his hand down the length of my arm almost-too casually and then holds my hand, his fingers playing with mine. He smiles down at me. "Let's go kill 'em,"

When we arrive at the venue there are cars and people everywhere. We hurry towards the back entrance and move through security quite quickly.

"Where have you guys been?" Uncle Jake asks as soon as we enter our dressing room. "Sound check is nearly over,"

"We don't need to be a part of the final sound check, dad," Jason says tiredly. He falls onto the couch and stretches out. "We had ours earlier, remember?"

"They've already started letting people in," Dad says. He walks over to me and grins. "You look beautiful, darling,"

I blush for the second time today and look down at my outfit; a brand new simple, elegant floor-length black dress; courtesy of Aunty Stefanie. "Thanks, dad," I lean up and kiss his cheek. "Where are our friends?"

"They've been escorted to the VIP section," Uncle Jacob grins. "Complementary food and beverages - too bad they're all underage,"

Mom snorts. "When has that ever stopped them?" I smirk and she comes to stand in front of me. She holds both of my hands in hers. Her smile is wide and her eyes begin to water. "Are you ready, baby?"

"I was born ready," I grin. I look over at Jason in his handsome formal black suit and smile. "Jase?"

He returns my smile and stands from the couch. "Let's go,"