Chapter 13 Part 1- Lunch Date

Start from the beginning

"I never called a council meeting." Terrant said through clenched teeth, extremely annoyed that they thought they could hide this under his nose.

"Who would dare call a council meeting-" Terrant came out of the dressing room attempting to knot his red tie and button his jacket at the same time. "Okay stop. Let me help." Ashlynn came over and pulled his collar up as she began to tie the red fabric into an intricate knot.

Terrant pulled a comb from his pocket and began pulling his spiky hair into a more strict and business like style. He glanced down at Ashlynn. She was a very beautiful female with a slim body, long blonde hair, blue eyes, and natural plump red lips. She was wearing her normal office attire consisting of a grey pencil skirt, dark red blouse, and heels. She is what the humans would call a "model type".

She looked up at him and her cheeks turned a slight pink color as she said, "What's that look for?"

Terrant grunted and looked away. "I was just wondering how's the training going for the females?"

Ashlynn pulled the knot tight to his neck and pulled his collar over the tie. "They are working hard, it would be better if we were allowed to have more access to the training ground."

Terrant turned from her to check himself in the mirror on the back of the bathroom door. "I wouldn't worry about that. You will get your chance soon enough." He smoothed his jacket and nodded with approval of his very strict business look.

"What do you mean by that?" Ashlynn asked with an inquisitive look.

Terrant smirked at her. "I think my announcement is going to make a big splash in the meeting."

Ashlynn tilted her head in confusion while Terrant made his way to the door. "Wait! I need to talk to you."

Terrant paused with his hand on the door knob. "This is really not the best time Ashlynn." He turned back. Ashlynn's eyes were hard and determined he could tell he was not leaving without this discussion. Taking a few steps back in the room he put his hands in his pockets. "Okay fine. What is it?"

Ashlynn stepped closer to him almost...uncomfortably close. "I think you know what I want to talk about."

Terrant tried hard not to grimace. "No Ashlynn. I am not talking about this right now." He was about to turn away to leave the room when Ashlynn grabbed his arm holding him back.

"You are making this harder than it needs to be Terrant. You have one month left. Why not just tell everyone about us now? What is the point in waiting?"

Terrant took a deep breath and looked up at the ceiling hoping someone would fall through it so this conversation would end. Ashlynn continued, "our pack will be stronger with a Luna. I-"

"Ashlynn." Terrant interrupted. "I have already given you all my reasons-"

Ashlynn pushed his arm away angrily. "Because you have a delusional thought of finding a magical happy ending. Instead of accepting the person right in front of you." She took a breath trying to calm herself and Terrant could see tears building up in her eyes. He sighed in frustration, this conversation always ended as a blame game with tears. "The longer you wait the more I feel like you are trying to avoid an unsavory business transaction. Is that what I am to you?" She blinked and the tears fell. Terrant immediately pulled her into a comforting hug, shaking his head as she continued.

"It's me and you." Ashlynn said quietly. "We've been together since we were kids. You know I love you and I want you to accept that. Not be forced to accept it."

"Ashlynn, please under-"

A grunt was heard as Ian's head poked out behind the door. "Alpha Terrant I thought we were in a hurry?"

Terrant gently pushed Ashlynn away. "We will discuss this in more detail later. Please understand this is not the time."

Ashlynn nodded and wiped the tears from her face with just a little redness around her eyes remaining.

Terrant started towards the door when Ian sent him a silent message. 'Forgot about Alpha Winters did you?'

Terrant stopped in his tracks. "Damn!"

"Terrant I just got a message that Alpha Winters is waiting in the lobby." Ashlynn spoke up behind him.

Terrant nodded, "Uh, just bring her here for now."

"Her?" Ashlynn asked, as Ian opened the office door, already changed in a business suit and holding a large folder.

"Just go out to the lobby and ask for Alpha Winters." Ian said ushering Ashlynn out with his free hand. He closed the door behind Ashlynn. "Good thing I walked in when I did."

"She was crying." Terrant said pulling the folder from Ian's hand and checking the contents.

"She likes to make a scene." Ian said accepting the folder back from Terrant. "Ready for the council?"

Terrant gave him an incredulous look. "More like ready to face my Father."

*Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment! I love constructive criticism, however, if it becomes mean I will take you down.*

-LostArrow-

Edited by munbunny