37

Ashton

Ava greeted me with a smile when I picked her up, Harry rushing downstairs to see me.

"Are you watching my football on Sunday?"

"We can do, if we get a roast dinner after," I chuckled, mum shaking her head.

"Fine, whatever will get your round to see your mum,"

I pouted and hugged Harry back, pecking mum on the cheek. Ava hugged Harry tightly, the two of them hiding their heads in the others shoulder. I felt so lucky that my little brother took her in, and made her feel safe; just watching them made my heart melt.

He gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and she took my hand, practically bouncing out the house.

She had this buzz around her.

"I joined in today,"

"You did? That's amazing,"

"And I'm friends with everyone,"

I chuckled lightly, unlocking the car.

"You're going back then?"

"Yes. There's this girl called Sapphire, and another called Amber, and a boy called Owen- they were really nice to me," she beamed.

"So when we try and get you in normal classes for say maths, would anyone be in your class?"

"Sapphire said she wasn't very good either," she giggled, "they're really nice,"

"You should get their phone number so you can talk,"

"They use something else, um," she mumbled, "snapchat,"

I sighed and bit my lip.

Social media was a very different story. It was exposing, and made me anxious.

"If you let met set up the account, and let me put all the privacy settings on so that you're safe, I'll see,"

"Why?"

"It can be an amazing place, but every so often there's a nasty image or person,"

"I'll only talk to them,"

"I'm sure you will, and you can, as long as I can make it safe,"

"Thankyou,"

She smiled and grabbed her water bottle, taking a few small sips.

"I'm going back on Thursday,"

"Well, find out their snapchats then and we could perhaps invite them over on Saturday,"

"What do you mean?"

"They could come over for the afternoon,"

"Really?"

"Yes, and since you've come back with something to say," I chuckled, "I'm telling you the surprise,"

We arrived at the gym and met Calum, who went to the changing rooms. I knew she wouldn't be comfortable in there on her own so I took her to the toilets and waited outside. Once she was done, I did the same.

Cal met us in the almost empty gym, a couple of men and women working out in the other corner.

"What's the surprise?"

"This took some working out, but thank Calum for that. My friend Viola has looked over everything, and has agreed to start the whole braces process,"

"Is she nice?"

"She's lovely. She said it could be a long process, but on Wednesday she wants to take some moulds,"

"Why will it be long?"