22

Ashton

I made the pie on my own, because Ava just laid in her bed. She dozed in and out of sleep, but wasn't willing to speak to me.

I knew she was upset, but this happened everytime.

"Ava, can you come here please? And don't ignore me,"

I put the pie in the oven and sat on the sofa, hearing her shuffle through.

"You can't just ignore me if you're mad sweetheart,"

"I'm not mad,"

"What's this all about them?"

"So much stuff is happening, and it's all scary, and only since I've lived here,"

I felt my stomach drop.

"Like what?"

"School, doctors, therapist,"

"They're all doing you good though, it's just the first steps that are scary,"

"Did you make the pie without me?"

"I did sweetheart, because you were upset and it's getting late,"

"I don't want to go out tomorrow,"

"Well we are," I smiled, "it'll be nice,"

She shrugged and leant into me, a smile appearing on my face when I felt some more weight to her. Not much more, but enough to be noticeable.

We waited for the food, hugging each other and just thinking.

Just thinking.

She helped me cook some vegetables and gravy, then we sat down and ate the food.

"So what's on your shopping list tomorrow?"

"Pants,"

"Anything else?" I chuckled, "You don't want anything?"

"Maybe a phone case- I don't have money though,"

"I'm paying,"

"No,"

"Yes," I smiled, "because I'm here to look after you and show you how deserving you are,"

She shrugged and took her plate to the sink, the fork and knife clattering as she dropped them down. Her emotions were high, and tense, and she was losing control whether she wanted to admit it or not

"I don't feel deserving,"

"That's what this is about then, ay?"

She shook her head, covering her face.

"I had a bad dream last night,"

"What can I do to help?" I asked, taking my plate too, "you shouldn't listen to what they say in the dreams,"

"I want to sleep in your bed,"

"That's a big jump sweetheart, you're gonna get yourself all freaked out. You're safe in your room,"

"I'm feeling really confused right now," she said, rubbing her eyes.

"I can tell," I laughed lightly, "we can watch a film again if you'd like, or you could do some reading,"

"I want a bath," she sighed, "I don't know,"

She walked towards me, clenching her fists and hitting her hands down.

"Calm down," I soothed, taking her hands, "you just got yourself very overwhelmed very quickly,"

"I'm just tired, and my arm aches a bit,"