6

Ashton

I took her back and left her for a while, nipping to the toilet and talking to Georgia.

"Did you bring up her staying over at your house tonight? She's been begging, saying you'd do it,"

"I didn't mention that, I'm sorry if I gave her the wrong idea,"

"I did wonder why you hadn't brought it up with me. It is an option, but usually it's a bit more planned,"

"Perhaps we should wait until the weekend,"

It all felt a little rushed. I couldn't control how comfortable she felt, and I was glad she felt safe, but I was conscious of pushing past her limits.

"That's what I said. She's in the living room reading,"

I nodded and went down the hall, entering a room with a few kids in. They all looked up, some recognising me and the younger ones waving.

Ava didn't move though, her head in her book.

"Am I interrupting?" I asked, standing infront of her. She nodded, a small smile appearing on her face as I sighed.

"I'll go home then,"

"No!"

I shoved my hands in my pocket and walked out the door, feeling her grab my arm to stop me.

"So what's this about staying over at mine?"

"I just thought...,"

"How about at the weekend, when we don't have to wake up early and can go out,"

"Okay,"

"Good. Have a good week ay?"

"I have to go to school," she frowned, "Ashton I'm not ready,"

"What about online school?"

"What's that?"

"You can do the work on a computer instead of going to school,"

"That's better," she mumbled, sitting on the sofa next to me.

"It's all about little steps,"

She nodded and looked ahead. Her skin was pale, and there were bags under her eyes but I noticed that they were going down a bit since our last appointment.

"How have you been sleeping?"

Lazily, she shrugged and leant back.

"I don't like the dark,"

"If you sleep, it passes though chic,"

"Sleeping isn't always good,"

"Have you even spoken to someone about this? There are some specially trained people who will help you through it better than I can,"

"Doctors? I don't like them,"

"Not doctors, they just talk and work things out,"

"I haven't,"

"Do you think you'd like to? You have been through so much, and you don't deserve to have it all bundled up,"

"I can tell you one day,"

"I know, but sometimes that's not enough,"

We talked for a while longer, until I had to go. Hurriedly, she found the list she made me and then went back to read. Georgia let me fill out paperwork for Saturday, and then I went home.

As I got the food cooking, I sat down and looked at her list. It surprised me, but at the same time it didn't.

Likes: