I cried out as I sat on the floor, I was beginning to feel like I will be lost forever...

"Your mother and father...why do you wanna see them?"

"What? Well...it's because I miss them and love them-"

"Love? How can a child know what love is?"

I was confused by his question, and I wasn't sure how I would answer that? But he was right, I don't think I know what love feels like...what is love? Is it when you miss someone? When you care for someone? Unable to stop thinking about them, always yearning to hold their hand?

"Then, do you know what love is?"

I asked the strange man...

"I thought I did...but I've come to realize. That it never was love...just desperation."

"What's a desperation?"

I asked confusedly, I never heard of such a word.

"Forget what I said, now tell me. How did you end up getting lost?"

He asked while standing himself up, he then began to walk in my direction as I sat there unable to move. I've grown tired of walking for so long and I'm sure my little feet have gotten blisters by now. So I tried to wipe my tears away from my face until I saw the man more clearly in front of me. My eyes locked gaze on the color of his stare!

"Your eyes..."

I spoke out in disbelief as he bends his body forward to look down at me.

"I know, their ugly-"

"They're really pretty," I responded truthfully as I cut him off, admiring how beautiful his red eyes reflected so brightly once the moonlight shined on them.

However, once I said those words, he looked at me so surprised as he opened his eyes wide to my response.

"You're... a very strange little girl."

The man said in a low chuckle as he continued to look at me carefully...

"Strange?"

I questioned him, unaware of how close he was getting. I was so enchanted by his gaze that I couldn't help but want to touch his face. He didn't seem real, his skin was smooth and pale, yet he looked so sad...

"Don't you find me...hideous?"

He asked as we both felt the wind passing by us...

"No, I think you're very...special. I've never seen anyone like you before," I said, he looked very beautiful.

Why would he think he looked so ugly? Without even thinking, I slowly got on my own two feet in stared directly at him...

" Never in my whole life, has anyone called me...special. So to hear a have a human girl say that to me, it's very strange."

He explained as he suddenly leaned his body back to stand up straight. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a white flower while still looking down at me. He hesitantly stretched out his hand while holding the flower. I wasn't sure what he was doing, but it looked like he was trying to give it to me. So I slowly raised my hand and accepted the flower. I was very careful about not dropping it as I looked at how white it was. Why did he have this flower in his pocket? Then suddenly I felt someone grabbing my hand and pulling me alongside him! So I quickly looked up and saw that it was him...he was holding my hand as he kept walking silently.